Didn't mean it

KATNISS'S POV...

Peeta leaves out the back door with tears streaming down his face. He runs out the kitchen and within a few seconds he is out of sight.

I immediately feel guilty. None of what I said was true. I do love him, I never stopped. It was that I was worked up because of not doing anything. I feel so bad. I fall against the front door and slide down it all the way to the floor.

Peeta is the one I love and I cant believe I said I didnt. We always have these stupid fights that dont mean anything.

Deja vu much. This reminds me to that night when me and Peeta had a fight and he ran to the bakery and Gale was there.

I immediately think of the worse and run to Haymitch's house. 

I burst through the door and he is drunk. What a shock. My brain full of sarcasm. I needed him to look after the twins. I thought he would be sober. Its wrong that Im here when the twins are at home, alone, when Im here with a drunk.

I give up on him and run back to the house. I run upstairs to Prim and Finnick, who had just woken up. Good there fine. I pick them up, out their coats on to make sure their warm and I go out the door. I have to find peeta, but I cant leave the twins on their own.

I run to the bakery because thats his special place. I carefully walk to the door to find it unlocked. Peeta must be here or he didnt lock it last time he was here. Its not impossible. Hes done about 3 times, but nothing happened.

 I walk through the storefront and hear cries coming from the kitchen, out back. I know those cries belong to Peeta. I'd know them anywhere.

I set the twins down in the playpen behind the counter. Peeta set it up so he could watch them at work. Its behind the counter so any passersby cant see them. I check there fine and run to the kitchen.

He's on the floor curled in a ball in the corner of the room. As I walk closer to him, he lifts his head. His eyes are red raw with tears flowing out of them. I sit beside him and put my arms around him and coax him out of his ball.

"Im sorry Peeta.-" I had more to say but he started talking.

"Katniss, you don't need to be sorry. If you dont love me then I'll leave because I just want you to be happy. I'll stay close so the twins can have a father. But promise me that, if you got married again. Don't forget me and I want to be the twins father figure. I dont want to be overlooked. But all I want is for you to be happy" He turns to me.

I tried to cut in at certain points when he was saying that because I needed to tell him It wasn't the truth.

"Peeta. There is never going to be another father figure to the kids nor me another husband. I love you. I never meant what I said. I was just angry and annoyed, im sorry. I do love you and im sorry  I said I didn't" I said calming him.

His eyes grew wide with excitement, with the thought of us being together. We hug and kiss. The kiss was soft and light. It was inviting and we didnt want to pull away. Eventually we did because I was gasping for air.

Peeta started  laughing at me and I had no idea why. I looked at him curiously. "What???" I said

"You got um-flour in your hair" He replied pointing to the right side of my head. I felt around and I did. "Sorry, I must have got some in your hair from the kiss. There is flour all over the floor. Sorry "He laughed.

I laughed to and got up and left Peeta. He looked really confused. "I'll be right back" I walk to the storefront and pick up Prim and Finnick. I walk back to Peeta, who smiles when he sees them.

I give Peeta Prim and he smile grows larger. "I thought you could use some cheering up" I said ushering to Prim and Finnick. He plays with Prim and so do I with Finnick. I rest my head on his shoulder and he puts an arm around me.

"Now this is what I call a family" Peeta says as he runs my arm and kisses me again.

The twins at the same time, start laughing. Me and Peeta look at each other and laugh as well.

Thanks for all the lovely comments you guys have been giving me fo this story. 

Thanks for reading xx :P