2 years old

KATNISS'S POV

Last night was great and I woke to a sleeping Peeta, so I thought I would get a feather from the pillow and tickled his nose.

He woke up and kissed me and said "Morning beautiful" in his lovely voice that melts me every single time he speaks. The same feeling I get when I stare into his beautiful blue eyes.

We finally got up when the twins came around with Haymitch. They both ran into Peeta's arms and said "I knew ywou would keeep yowur prowmise" In there little child voices. They haven't mastered full senances yet.

"How could I refuse" Peet says hugging them kissing their heads. "Happy birthday" Me and Peeta say in unison to Prim and Finnick as Peeta puts them down.

~~ 6 hours later ~~

Me and Peet hve spent the whole day with the twins. They have opened some presents we got them and play with their toys. Im in the kitchen getting the twins some food and i walk into the living room to find Peeta playing with Primrose and Finnick.

I cant help but smile because seeing him playing with them is so cute, he looks so natural with them. He is a great father to them and Im glad we made the decision to have them because I cant imagine my life without them. And I dont want to.

Peeta turns around "What are your smiling at?" He laughs in my direction and I snap back into reality. "Huh?" I ask really confused as to what just happened.

"I said, what are you smiling at?" He laughs even more at my stupidity.

"You with them." I say ushering to Prim and Finn. "Your so good with them, plus you look sexy at the moment." I tease walking over to him ruffling up his hair and kissnig him on the lips. "As a matter of fact, so do you" He teases at me.

I give the twins their food and I sit in Peeta's lap and he puts his arms around me. After the kids ate their sandwhich they both sat in my lap giggling as peeta tickles them.

~~ 2 hours later ~~

Haymitch, Sae, Luke and Dexter came to the house about 1 hour ago. Dexter is another of Peeta's friends from District 13. He couldn't come to the wedding because he was still in district 13.

Theres a knock at the door and Peeta answers it. He calls me over once he opened the door. "Yh" I say walking over. I look to see who it is and say "Oh hi mother. I didnt know you were coming" I say suprised.

"I wouldn't miss their birthday" She walks in the house and says hello to everyone. We talk for a bit then everyone makes their way too the table. I sit the twins between Peeta and I as he puts food in the middle of the table.

Were have a sort of take what you want, a buffet basically. After we've all eaten we all go into the living room with a cup of tea and the twins play with whoever their with at the time. Like Haymitch had Prim in his lap and were playing together.

"Wheeres mwy teddyy?" Finnick asks and Peeta says "I think its is the other room, i'll get it" Peeta gets up, cup in hand, and walks to the door of the room. I turn my attention to Prim who is playing with Haymitchs hair and its all messed up. Its sticking in all different directions.

"Ithink that should your new hair style perminatly" I say and everyone laughs, but evenyone is quiet when we hear a smash come from the kitchen.

A red faced, dark eyed Peeta comes into veiw. He stares me down and shouts "MUTT!" Hes having a flashback.

I walk towards him "No Peeta, its not real. Fight it off, come back to me." I say calmly.

"GET AWAY FROM ME YOU STINKING MUTT!!" He screams at me. I stay still until he comes to me, his eyes growing darker by the second. "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, YOU KILLED MY FAMILY AND YOU BOMBED MY HOME!! I CANT BELIEVE I USED TO HAVE FEELINGS FOR A MUTT!!!"

A tear comes to my eye and everyone else is still frozen by Peeta's outburst. "AND YOU WILL PAY!" He screams running towards me with his eyes fixed on me. Im too frightened to move, I feel llike im frozen to the spot, like when your tounge gets stuck to ice.

Peeta's outburst causes the twins to scream.

Hes a few inches from me when he kicks me in the gut making me bend over. His hands begin to clasp around my neck again. I pass out as his hands dig in deeper cutting off my air supply. Before Im fully out Peeta falls to the ground, me falling with him.

And then everything was black

Hope you liked it !!

Thanks for reading :P