Getting there

I do not own any of these characters all the rights go to Susanne Collins.

KATNISSS POV

I decided I would  talk to the twins the day after Peeta came home and we talked, while Peeta was at the bakery.

I asked Primrose and Finnick "Do you like to see daddy happy?" 

"Yes wwe do" Finnick said in his cute little 2 year old voice and nodding his head, still playing with his truck.

"Good. Do you know why he isn't ?" I asked

They both shook their heads then looked at each other.

"It's because you two dont trust him. I know its hard to with what happened but I need you two to know something" I say and they nod.

"What happened with Daddy, wasn't his fault. You see a bad man hurt daddy in a way that what happened on your birthday, happens sometimes. But daddy cannot control it when it does. It may seem like he doesn't love you, but he does. He loves you more than anything in the world. and I need you to know he would never hurt you two" I say trying to say it so they will understand.

 They look down, like they feel guilty about it, they shouldn't be. They just didn't understand about the situation. " Im sowrry mummy" They both say insync throwing there bodies at me, urging for a hug. I squeeze them as they snuggle in deeper to my grip.

"You two have nothing to be sorry for, you two just didnt know about daddy" I say kissing their heads. They pull away.

"I no how to make him and you two feel better, Why dont I take you down the bakery an bake with daddy?" They both love baking with him. Because they are only 2 he does most of the work whilst holding Prim or Finn and If holding Finn, Prim would sit on his shoulders.

They both scream of joy about going, I took that as a yes and got them dressed and ready to go. We walk down th north road and in to town. We still get looks and 'aww's' from people in town, I guess it will never get old.

We walk through the doors of the bakery and Peeta isn't in the storefront. We walk through to the kitchen out back and he is hunching over the counter top crying into his hands. " Peeta?" I ask and he quickly turns around and sees me and then his eyes fall on the twins and his frown turns to a small smile.

I put the twins down on the floor, walk over to Peeta and hug him.  I whisper in his ear "They wanted to come and bake with you today if that is alright?" I ask. I can feel his small smile turn to a big one as his face is brushing against mine.

"That would be great, but what made them choose to? They hated me like a day ago?" He says as he pulls back. I hold his face in my hands and begin to talk

"They never hated you Peeta. They will always love you no matter what and I told them about you and the Capitol, but in the simplist way possible." I say whispering the last part.

"Why did you tell them? I thought you wanted to shield them from our horried past?" He asks confused.

"Well I didn't tell them much, but enough to understand that they know it wasn't your fault you had a flashback. And I asked them if they wanted to come to the bakery to bake with you and they screamed in joy to come" I say and he smiles 

"Is that true?" He asks tears threatening to leave his eyes if it wasn't

"Peeta of course it is and dont beat yourself about what happened. its time to move on. The kids are moving on and I think you need to to" He nods and hugs me.

"Right then, I will see you later at home. Or I might come by after hunting. I thought I would do some because I haven't gone in ages"

"Okay, be careful" He says and kisses my lips then forehead. I walk out of the bakery after kissing the twins goodbye and grabbing a cheese bun. I walk past the hob on the way to see Sae. I told her im going hunting and I'll drop by later to give her some game.

I continue on to the fence and into the forest. I get to the log where my bow is and then go to the alcove in the tree where the sheath is. I set snares and after about 2 hours of hunting I decide to sit down. 

I walk to a place that is so familiar. it used to feel so inviting but now it just reminds my of what that person did. Im sitting at the place where Gale and I used to meet. I still cant get my head around what he had done. First he kills Prim then he kidnaps and tortures the one good man in my life that I love.

I try to forget him and think about everything Peeta has done for me and the things that I have done for him. His list is endless and my list barely has a beginning. He gave me two children, he taught me how to love and how to open up to him. 

I never used to open up and Peeta was able to do that, he is very special. i already knew that but that is just another thing to add to it.

All I have done is love him more than anything in the world, which used to be alot for me to admit. He has given me a great life. I decide to walk back to town.

Today has been a pretty good day. I got 6 rabbits, 4 squirrels and 1 Pheasant. I rarely find pheasants in the forest. But one or two crops up every now and then.

I get to the Hob and walk over to Sae and give her whatever she wants. She wants to give me money for it, but I dont want it. "Come on I have to give you something for it" Sae says. She looks to her left where a batch of her delicious soup lays.

"How about some soup for you?" She ask getting out a pot to put it in.

"Sure, we can have it for tea" I exclaim.

"You seem to be in a good mood. You cant stop smiling" Sae questions, pouring the soup.

"Yh well, Ive got a great life now, with an amazing support system from you and Haymitch, two beautiful children and a great husband" I say gleaming, I still cant stop smiling.

"It seems you got a great one, If he is making you this happy" I know she is talking about Peeta and I agree with her. He has made my life so much better and without him, it would be a living hell.

"Here you go. It should be enough for all of you" She says handing my the pot. 

"Thanks Sae" I say. I turn around and walk towards the bakery. I see prim on Peeta's shoulders and Finn in one of his arms. Finn is strring the flour and Prim is playing with Peeta's hair. 

I stand in the doorway and look at them. it reminds me of a moment a while ago when I was staring at him with them. He looked so natural with them then and he still does. He looks so at home as if it was second nature to look after them.

"mumma" Prim shouts focusing her arms out towards me. I move fast because she will fall off of Peeta if she keeps leaning forward. I catch her and tickle her and she giggles. "Have you had a good day?" i ask her

She nods "Yews mummy." i look at her and notice she is covered in flour. So Is Finn and so is Peeta. 

"Why are you all covered in flour?" I ask Peeta after he hugged and kissed me.

"We uh had a flour fight. Prim stuck her hand in the flour and patted my face and laughed. Finn copied and it escalated from there" He laughs

"Okay, Sae gave me some soup to me for us for giving her game" I say.

"Okay, we can have some bread that we made today with it. How was hunting?"

"Fine, Its great to clear your head every once in a while and I think that place helps. Iv'e brought some squirrels and rabbits for us to have later in the week as well" I say

"Did you have a good haul today?" 

"Yh I did quiet well."

"Do you want to help with the cakes and cookies?" He asks

 "I would love to" We begin baking when the bell out the front goes and the unexpected happened....

Hope you liked it !!

Please comment your views

Thanks for reading xx :P