Feeling guilty

I dont own any of the hunger games characters, all the rights go to author Suzanne Collins.

PEETA'S POV

I wake up strapped to a bed in my own house. I had Katniss make sure there were restraints in the house If I was too ever lose control again. And guessing by my situation, I lost control. I dont remember anything though.

As if on cue Haymitch appears through the door. He looks at my eyes closely for a minute before coming closer to me. "What happened?" I ask in a raspy voice, Haymitch gives me a look and begins to talk.

"You had a pretty strong flashback and I hit you over the head to knock you out. We led you on the sofa until you woke up but, when when you did you started thrashing, your eyes were black and you were screaming 'MUTT' all the time. You were still having a flashback, so we knocked you out and Katniss said to put you on this bed. She said you would want that" 

One thought comes to mind, Katniss, did I hurt her? I hope not. Is she okay? Where is she?

"Wheres Katniss? Did I hurt her?" I ask in a frantic voice. Haymitch looks down, thats enough to tell me I did. "Can I see her? What did I do to her?" I ask in the same voice.

"Shes downstairs, she just got back from the hospital-" Haymitch admits

"The what? It was that serious?" I cant believe I made her go to the hospital. I dont trust my self around her.

"No It wasn't to serious, you just.....um.....strangled her again, but not as hard as you did the first time. i knocked you out before you do any more damage"

"Thanks Haymitch" I say feeling really guilty and putting my head back on the pillow with a huff. I cant believe  I did that to her again and she still married me. Im no good for her. A tear runs down my cheek and my eyes have gone red and blotchy.

Haymitch senses my pain and he undoes the restraints and helps me up. He tells me she is downstairs with the twins, everyone else went home. I cautiously walk downstairs until she comes into view and I freeze.

I see her neck, she has red and blotchy marks all around it. I cant believe I did that to her. She turns around and smiles. I walk downstairs and she walks over to me letting Haymitch look after  Primrose and Finnick.

"Hey" She says in a quiet voice. I immediately feel guilty and look down. She puts a finger on my chin, lifting my head, and looks into my eyes. "It wasn't your fault, so stop thinking it is. You cant help it, okay? So dont you dare think it was your fault." She says kissing my cheek.

"But It was my fault, if I had done as I was told in the Quell I wouldn't have been taken. And If  I had completely learned how to control the flashbacks before I came back to 12, you wouldn't be hurt right now. I dont know why you put up with me"

She gives me a look "Peeta..." She says in a calm voice. "Stop thinking like that and I put up with you because I love you and you put up with me and my nightmares. Nothing else matters as long as we love for each other" She looks into my eyes and smiles.

"Okay, but I promise I will learn how to control them" I say strongly.

We kiss and hug, before walking over to the kids. I go to pick Primrose up but she starts crying and says "No, gwo away!!" I immediately pull back. Shes scared of me now because of my flashback.

Haymitch picks her up to calm her down while I go to see Finnick. He starts crying as well "Noo, downt touwch me!!" I back away again. Haymitch takes Finnick as well and goes upstairs leaving me and Katniss alone.

Katniss's face says it all. She looks shocked, sorry and apologetic towards me. She walks towards me and tries to hugs me. I put my hands up to stop her. "No dont....just dont. Nothing can make me feel better now. I just need to be alone for s while" I say defensively

"Peeta-"

"No Katniss, my own children are afraid of me! What am I supposed to do now? My kids cant stand for me to even touch them let alone be near them" I shout with tears coming out of my eyes.

"Peeta, we will get passed it and anyway they are too young to understand what happened. So they are only scared because they dont know why it happened. Dont think they will always be like it because they wont, they can see the lovely, caring and down to earth man that you are. I can see it, so why shouldn't they?" She asks hugging me. 

I let her hug me even though I dont want it, but once it has started I dont want it to end. "But Katni-" i get cut off by her kissing me. We haven't kissed like this for a while. It was so deep and passionate. Yet so slight and soft.

She pulls away and she puts her hands either side of my face and looks into my eyes. I stare into her beautiful grey Seam eyes. Shes so beautiful and Its unbelievable that I have a family with her.

"But nothing Peeta, sure there a bit scared now but they will soon learn the real you and not the other one created by the Capitol" When she says 'Capitol' It sends shivers down my spine but I know she is right.

"And anyway, that version hasn't made an appearance for months before yesterday. So everything will be fine" She says hugging me again "Okay?"

"Okay" I say, even though there is still doubt in my voice we continue hugging.

Hope you liked it

Thanks for readingxx :P