Sympathy

KATNISS'S POV

I wake up not where I fell asleep on the sofa but on my bed. My first thought is Peeta, but that cant be because he doesn't know who I am. It must have been Haymitch. I force myself to get up, so I can pick up the twins from Haymitch's.

I miss waking up to Peeta, having his strong, warm arms wrapped tightly around me, saying sweet nothings in my ear. And his soft kisses on my lips that keep me ever present in this world. I miss him and its only the first day.

I get dressed in black skinny jeans and a grey top and walk downstairs. The house feels empty without him, but Iv'e got to keep strong because I know deep down him not being here is for the best and will result in him coming back eventually.

I walk over to Haymitch's and knock on the door. Haymitch opens it with Prim in his arms and Finn wrapped around his leg. "Hey you guys" I say picking Finnick and kissing his head. "hey Haymitch"

"Hi, so what happened at the hospital?" He asks sitting down on the sofa next to me. I haven't told him yet and I dont want to in front of the twins.

"Can we put the twins to sleep or something first? I say

"Yeah sure, they we just asking for a nap"

We get up and put them down for a few hours and get a cup of tea. "So wheres Peeta and what happened at the hospital?" He asks

"Well.....Peeta is at his old house because the doctor said it would be best if he did. And the doctor said he...he um...has lost him memory" I say letting a tear loose from my left eye.

"The doctor also said that it might not be permanent, so can get it back. I just need to help him, so thats what im going to do. He cant know the twins are his or that im his wife until he is ready to know, so to him im just a friendly neighbour." I continued

"Oh Katiss-"

"No, dont give me sympathy. I dont need it because I know eveything is going to be fine and work out."

"I no it will be sweetheart, but how are you going to help?"

"Well the doctor says he knows that he has forgotten stuff so apparently the doctor told him that I could help with his memory, but I have to go over to his and ask when he wants to start. The doctor also said that using hobbies he used to love looking a pictures and watching videos would help." I say taking a swig at the cup of tea.

"Do you mean of the games?"

"Sadly yeah, but if it helps then I dont care about the nightmares." i say strongly

"Okay, but be careful. You dont know what things he could remember. He could remember you not loving him or worse the hijacked version of him" He sternly says

"I know. The doctor said the 'Mutt' version of him would make an appearance at some point but that wont be for a while"

"You cant be around him when that happens, who knows what could happen"

"I know Haymitch, but I have to take the risk so we can be a family again." I say

"Okay, but be careful"

"I will"

~~ ~~

I knock on Peeta's door and he opens it topless and with just a towel around his waist. I want to just rip it off and jump into bed with him. He looks irriesistable. I cant do anything about that, because to him im a neighbour.

He notices me staring at him and waves a hand in my face "Uh..Katniss?"

"Uh..sorry" I say snapping back into reality.