Anniversary

Hi everyone I just wrote an introduction to a new story called 'Walking on thin ice' and its a hunger games fanfic. Please check it out. xx:P

Heres the new chapter...

PEETA'S POV

Prim and Finn are 2 tomorrow and its weird to think about the position I was in 2 years ago. It was my last day as an unmarried man. Tomorrow would have been the wedding and the birth of the twins.

Me and Katniss decided that we would celebrate our anniversary today instead so tomorrow can be all about Primrose and Finnick. We're not doing anything special. Haymitch is going to look after the twins while we have a night to ourselves.

Im making lamb stew (Katniss's favorite) and cheese buns (also Katniss's favorite). I think we will also have a glass or two of wine, but not enough to get drunk. We will have a candlelit dinner and then retreat to the the sofa to snuggle up and to watch a film.

We decided to have the dinner at 7:30pm and its 5 o'clock now so I start to cook the lamb stew, buns and cake - for pudding. I brought some ice cream to go with the cake, thats something I cant make or cook.

Katniss promised to stay away from the house today so I could cook and set up the living and dinning room and bedroom for tonight. She doesn't know what im doing for tonight, I didnt want to tell her. I wanted it to be a surprise.

She is out with the kids and Haymitch playing in Haymitch's garden. Prim and Finn seem to love going over to Haymitch's. He is very good with them. I glance over to the clock and notice its 7 o'clock and decide to go get dressed then set the table.

After about 25 minutes everything is ready and theres a knock at the door. I run to answer it and behind it is Katniss, Haymitch, Prim and Finn. The kids run into my arms as I pick them up shouting "Daddy, we missed you!!"

"Aww I missed you to." I say hugging them as they snuggle in deeper to the grip I have on them. "How were they?" I ask Katniss.

"They were fine" she says. "Thanks for offering to look after them tonight" I say to Haymitch as I try putting them down, but they want to stay with me. They are so cute and I love them to bits but they need to go with Haymitch.

"Come on, I'll see you tomorrow and we will spend all day together" I say to them. They look up at me with pouts on their faces "You promise??" They say with their big eyes longing for an answer.

"I promise" I say kissing the tops of heads and putting them down. They hug the bottom of my legs before walking over to Haymitch. "It seems they love their daddy" Katniss says walking over to me, into the house.

"Nah, they love their mommy more" I say kissing her cheek. "Right then I'll leave you two to it and I'll see you around 10am, Okay?" Haymitch says snapping me back to reality.

"Uhh..yeah. I'll you two then" I say kissing Primrose's and Finnicks heads again. They leave and I lead Katniss to the dinning room, which is actually in the kitchen but the room is massive so at one end its a kitchen and at the other its the dinning room.

I pull a chair out and she sits in it. "Ohh, someones being a gentleman" Katniss says in a seductive voice. I laugh a little. "Iv'e always been a gentleman" I say jokingly pouring her a drink and giving her some stew.

"Peeta, you didnt have to do all of this. Its too much. You did all of this and Iv'e done nothing for tonight. I should have at least got you a present" She says looking down. 

"We agreed no presents and anyway, I wanted to do it all for you so we could have a night to ourselves and there is nothing wrong with me doing it all" I say sitting down. We eat the stew and Katniss seems to be loving it.

Every now and then she says "Umm".

"im guessing you like it?" I joke. She nods "Yep, I love it. You know its my favorite." she say popping at the 'p' in 'yep'.

"And its perfect. Your such a good cook. How did you even become so good?" She asks

"I dont know. I guess growing up in a bakery when you bake all the time and if you go it wrong, you would get the wrath of my mother, so you just spend all the time practicing so that doesn't happen. So your cooking becomes or close to perfect." I say looking down. Even mentioning my mother brings back horrible memories.

"Sorry, I brought it up Peet" Katniss says looking at me. I look up at her. "No Im sorry I ruined the evening. Can we just pretend I never said anything about her?" I ask

"Sure. Anyway what were you planning on doing after dinner?" She asks seductively wriggling her eyebrows. I let out a small smile thats growing wider as I begin to talk. 

"Well I was planning on us eating the cake I made, then watch a film together on the couch then have a little fun" I say. Her smile grows wider like mine and says "Well, I think we should have some cake then"

I laugh, get up and slice the cake. "Do you want to share a piece?" I ask "Yh, but can we eat it on the sofa whilst watching the film?" 

"Sure, I'll cut the cake. Can you put the film on? I left it out by the T.V please" I ask her putting the cake on the plate. "Yh" She walks out the room to put the film 'Notting Hill' on.  Its one her Kat's favourite films.

I walk into the living room with the cake and two glasses of wine to find Katniss sitting on the sofa setting the film to play. I sit down next to her and we put the film on. We eat the cake drink the glass.

I lay down with Katniss in my arms and her head laying on my chest and our legs entwined. I pull a blanket over us and we just lay in each others arms until the film ends. I love how peaceful Katniss looks at the moment.

I feel like my life has turned out perfect, my wife is Katniss and we have 2 beautiful children with her and they are all in no danger that me and Kat had to go through as a child. There are no games.

"This night was perfect" Katniss says before turning around and kissing me on the lips. The kiss is passionate and her tongue pokes at my lips asking for entrance and I contractually oblige. I become lost in the moment as we make our way upstairs into our bedroom.

Katniss is feirce tonight as she pushes me up against the wall and she hops her legs around my waist. She rips off my shirt and pulls my trousers down never leaving my lips. I do the same to her and the night becomes a blur

Hope you liked it !! xx :P

Remember to please check out my new story 'Walking on thin ice'

Thanks for reading