Sixteen

Sorry for the absence of writing!
<3 enjoy!

When I woke up I nearly choked to death at the sight of Gerard curled up next to me. I was laid flat on my back in my bed, and he was holding my hand, his head rested on my chest.
This machine that stood on my bedside was helping me breathe, my lungs burning.
Memories from last night flooded in to my thought stream and I sat there for a while, thinking. A few months ago I would scoff at the thought of risking my life for someone else, especially someone like him. But alas, here I am, holding the boy who looked too small and tired for my liking.
My mind felt groggy, like it was in slow motion. I wanted to pull him closer and hold him tighter.  He looked like he'd been crying, his face tear stained, his eyes slightly puffy. I stared down at the bandage on my chest, from what I presumed to be a burn, and it hurt like a motherfucker.
My heart swelled at the sight of him so close, realizing he was holding my hand. I listened to the sound of my heart monitor gradually pick up its pace. Was this because I got him out of the fire? Of course I did. I wouldn't have before, but now there was something there that made him different from everyone else,
I gripped under his arms, pulling his body up towards mine, like a cat. He is like a cat.
He stirred awake and I pulled my mask off. I felt myself lose what air I had, my lungs burning even more, making my ribs hurt. I regained it fast.
I felt woozy from the drugs. He leaned up on his hand and I gently rested my hand on his head, pulling him down, sighing and humming in content as our lips were merely inches apart. There was a fearful expression in his wide eyes, and grabbed the mask,  pulling it back over my face. I pulled him closer by the waist. His hair fell over my face, his body close to mine.
He's beautiful.
So beautiful.
"Youre beautiful" I said, pulling the mask off. I pulled him down again and He looked frightened. I stared at his pink, parted lips.
"Okay?" I said, noticing how slurred my words were, not wanting to kiss him under so much drug influence. He looked slightly shocked, his lips parted. I loosened my grip on him and let go and he pulled himself off the bed.
"Stay" I slurred out, my eyes drooping, reaching my hand out.
I watched him hug his waist again like those nights I followed him home. he was anxious.
"I've made you nervous" I frowned, taking off the mask and sitting up. I got a hold of his hand again and gently and cautiously pulled him back near me.
he stared down at me, unsure. I held his hand with both of mine, staring up at him through his hair. squeezed his hand and let go.
"Get some sleep" I whispered in the dim room.
He turned and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.
Before I knew it the drugs took over my body again, and I put the mask back on, stirring back asleep.
--
When I woke up once more it was brighter out, I heard birds chirping, I was alone. i remembered Gerard left after I awoke him when I pulled him closer. I was less under the influence of drugs, and regretted doing that. I also regretted telling him that he's beautiful. Not that he wasn't, God was he gorgeous, but I just didn't want to scare him.
I heard my men talking in the next room, cleaning, rebuilding.
Jim walked in, seeing me awake and sighing.
"That pet of yours is annoying. he wouldn't leave your side last night. Sorry, sir. I couldn't bring him to the other guest room. He's there now, though" he said. Then Evan and Bob walked in and I just sighed.
"The room will be fixed up in about a week."
"What the fuck caught fire?" I said, snapping.
"Oh- uh the lamp, from my a candle" so it was my fault. At least he's safe. That's all I cared about.
"You risked your life for that boy and this house. That's fucking crazy, Frank" Jim said and I just shot another glare at him.
I shooed them away and rested my head back down.
This was going to be a long recovery.