Chapter 2:

***A Month and a Half Later**

"Daryl can you make me breakfast?" Carl stands beside Daryl who was fast asleep in bed, but is now awake with the poking from the small child.

"Get yer dad to make you breakfast." Daryl grumbles as he shoves his face back into the pillow, tyrning over away from Carl as he does.

"Dad's trying to get Judith to sleep. I need breakfast before school."

"Then make yer own breakfast!" Datyl blows up and Carl just smirks at him.

"I'm not allowed to use the stove."

"Then make cereal."

"We're out. You ate it all yesterday."

"Then STARVE!" Daryl booms and lays back in bed, but the child is hardly deterred from the loud abbrassive man.

"I need breakfast and you're the only one who can make it right now. Please." Carl begs and Daryl growls he get up out of bed and tugs on jeans over his boxers. Going to the kitchen, Daryl begins to make Carl scrambled eggs. As he simmers and stews, Daryl tries to tell himself he is not the mother in this house and there for he shouldn't have to make some damn kid breakfast.

"There." He tosses the paper plate at the child, sending a portion of the egg onto the cluttered table.

"Do I get a fork?"

"They're all dirty. Let it cool and use yer hands." Daryl leans against the counter and crosses his arms. The whole house looks like a tornado ran through it. The dishes are piled up in the sink, cobwebs have begun to grow to the whole size of a corner of the room, and let's not forget the dirty floors from mud being tracked in.

"Didn't you ever do dishes before? We can't live off paper plates!" Cark whines and Daryl shrugs his shoulders.

"Learn to clean. Yer 12 you should be able to do that."

"I'm 10!" Carl yells and Daryl begins to leave.

"And that's exactly how many seconds you have to eat before your bus gets here." Daryl smizes as he goes to leave until Carl draws his attention back to him.

"I don't ride a bus. You have to take me." stopping in his tracks, Daryl begins to fume, but cools his heels before turning around.

"Make that 5 seconds then." He grimaces and strolls from the kitchen as Carl shovels his egg in his mouth.

On his way to work after dropping Carl off at school, which felt like an eternity in the car with him singing Spongebob songs, Daryl pulls into his parking spot at the Garage and takes a few deep breaths. Carl is spiteful ever since Daryl and Rick started dating. Daryl was asked to move in with Rick because he needed help with Judith, but now that he's actually living with Rick and Carl, plus Judith, he feels like a drained tube of toothpaste- no matter how much they keep squeezing Daryl and rolling him up- he has nothing else to give.

---

Finally getting Judith to sleep, Daryl looks at his messages on his phone and he has one from the station. Redialling it, Jim picks up.

"Hey. You called me?" Rick tiredly asks.

"Yeah, when you coming back to work?" Jim asks as he documents a few things.

"I don't know. I have a new baby and it's not like I have a mother to look after her when I need to be at work." Rick huffs out as he relaxes into an arm chair.

"Dude, get a nanny. Live-in or otherwise. Yer the Sheriff. You need to be here with yer crew running calls. Ya know what...hold on. I have a number of a girl who used to babysit Moreles' kids a few years ago- she was in college for child care so she might be able to help you out. Gotta pen?"

"Yeah, go when ready." Rick says as he puts the pen to paper from the coffee table.

"Okay, her name is Beth Greene- (884) 556-2947. She should either be able to help you out or direct you to someone who can."

"Thanks Jim. Hopefully something works out."

"No problem, Grimes. See ya soon hopefully." Jim hangs up and Rick stares at the paper.

---

"Hey, I'm home." Daryl calls as He opens the front door. He's been dragging all day, too many cars and not enough pay. Crashing on the barely visible couch, Daryl kicks his boots off and tries to find his zen place.

"Excuse me...could you get up- I was trying to do laundry." A female voice pulls Daryl's open and they're met with stunning blue eyes. Sitting up in a hurry, Daryl looks behind him and notices folded laundry- half unfolded. Standing up, he scratches his head and looks at the girl oddly.

"Who the Hell are you?" He asks slightly agitated and more so condused.

"Beth Greene...I'm the new nanny. Who are you?" She curiously asks with barely any inflection in her voice.

"Daryl Dixon...umm..."

"Oh yer Mr. Grimes' roommate. Sorry..." She sticks her hand out and Daryl is half tempted to break her hand at what she assumed, but he takes it and politely shakes her hand. "So do you have any laundry that needs done? I'm trying to clean up the house- it's technically not my job, but with Mr. Grimes obviously needs some help straightening up around here."

Eyeing her up, Daryl can sense that this girl is not only a kiss ass, but is going to be a problem.

"Mr. Dixon? Do you have any laundry?"

"No." Walking passed her, he bumps her shoulder with his arm almost knocking her over, and goes upstairs. As he goes into Rick and his room, he notices the bed is made with a floural duevet and everything is picked up and tidy. To Daryl, it looks like a woman lives in this room and not two grown ass men. Scoffing, he takes his clothes off and tosses them onto the floor and proceeds to his shower.

When his shower is done, he walks out in just a towel to grab some clothes when he runs into Neth and both fall to ths ground.

"Jesus! Don't you knock!" Daryl yells as he gets off of her- not even helping her up.

"The door was open! And why are you taking a shower in mr. Grimes' room anyway!" She yells as she gets up by herself and looks at her soaked shirt that reveals her pink paisley bra.

"Cause he's my boyfriend and this is my room too! Why don't you go home?"

"Jokes on you Mr. Dixon. I'm a LIVE-IN NANNY!!!!!!!" She hollars in his face before stomping off to her room and slamming the door.

"FUCK!!!!!" Daryl screams as he realizes he'll never be free of that hellbent woman.