Chapter 9:

Anger coursed through him like a late bullet train. Daryl knew that it was a done deed of equal disaster, but something in him raged and boiled. How could Rick do that to him? After he's done for him and his family- how did Daryl deserve to be double crossed. True if Beth hadn't told him about Rick and her- he would have been the unfairhful one, but with Rick putting his end in the honey pot to many times- Daryl's one time wonderfuck just earned his heart a bit of vengence.

Walking out of the shower this morning, Daryl slings the wdt towel back into the restroom and saunters across the bedroom in front of Rick to the closet. Nothing. Not even a glance or a smirk. It erks him- then again Rick's soft shitty body never really did anything for him either. May be it is for best that they both are secretly fucking the nanny?

War it is Rick Grimes. War it is.

"Daryl, I have that policeman's expo I have to go to this weekend. So I'll be gone until Monday night." He informs Daryl as he tugs on his shirt. It's like they're an old married couple- not really giving two shits about how they present the topic. His voice is iltempered and full of acid in Daryl's ears.

Does he know?

"Oh, want me ta go with ya or stay home?"

"You better just stay. It's boring thangs anyway. 'Sides Beth might need help when Carl's friends come over for his sleep over."

"I'm sure she's got it." He grumbkes and Rick Looks him over.

"Get off the high horse and just help out." Grabbing his bag, Rick kisses Daryl's cheek and heads downstairs. Following closely behind him, Daryl notices that near the top of his bag are some condoms- conviently displayed so they look like a book mark in his book. So grabbing it sneakily, Daryl takes the string of condoms and puts them in his pocket.

Match point.

"Kids I'm leaving." Rick calls and Carl comes out of the living room along with Beth and Judith. "There ya are. I'll see ya'll later kay? You need anythang Beth- Daryl will help ya."

"Okay...um when are you comin' back?" She shyly asks.

"Monday Night. Okay, see ya later kiddos." He kisses Carl and Judith's head and looks as though he's going to kiss Beth, but decides against it. Daryl just watches from the stairs and stews in his vengeful rage.

As he shuts the door behind him, Daryl heads back upstairs and shuts his door behind him hard. Noticing this, Beth sighs and hands Carl Judith before going up to the grumpy man. Knocking on the door, she slowly enters and notices him holding the condoms in his hand.

"Planning on havin' an orgy?" She giggles to herself and sits next to him on the bed.

"He had these in his book. Tell me he's going out of town to get fucked." Daryl tosses them on the ground and lays back in bed.

"Daryl, things happen..."

"I know Beth. I know he's not gay- he has two fucking kids and hates guy sex. How couldn't he be straight? The thing I don't get is why is he still with me if obviously neither of us are gay?"

"Maybe cause yer his best friend and he doesn't wanna hurt you if you aren't straight." She looms over him and he can feel his heart tighten. How can she do that to him? Make him feel something he hasn't before- he can't even describe what this feeling is.

"What would you know? You're just the nanny who sleeps with gay guys." Daryl scoffs and Beth raises an eyebrow.

"Excuse me- I slept with you didn't I? You both lusted for it- you're obviously straight."

"Now you just sound like a whore."

That came out wrong.

"Screw you! I never did anything like that before! I know what it's like to get hurt by people you care about!" Getting up, she goes to leave, but Daryl shoots up and grabs her around her waist. He holds her close as though she'd float away and kisses her shoulders. "My old boyfriend used to beat me and rape me... I never wanted to do that- and he took all of me whenever he wanted..."

So much pain brought to something so beautiful and innocent. She has issues, just like me...

"Five years it went on...he always said he was sorry or that he'd change, but he didn't!" Her tears fall to Daryl's arms that are wrapped around her waist and he just keeps his face pressed against her.

"I got you... Nothing bad ain't ever gonna happen again." He kisses her shoulders between her tank top straps and holds her tightly. To her this isn't the Daryl she knows and cares for. Her Daryl is the rough asshole who doesn't care how people feel. He's not caring and gentle or kind hearted. She doesn't understand why he is like this? Unless there is seriously something wrong with her that even he has to pitty. "Rick and I ain't ever gonna let anyone hurt you again."

Turning in his lap, she holds the sides of his face and lays her forehead against his. His heart pounds in his chest and a thought comes to him.

I've never had this intimacy...it's, it's strange. Why is she looking at me like that? Wait, why are her lips on mine?

Her kisses are slow and tender and then turn into quick staccato kisses. Holding her ass, he rocks her against his lap and it's instant arousal. Their pace quickens and then stops as a knock on the door comes. Pulling apart, Daryl hides the condoms under his pillow and Beth stands up and leans against the dresser. Carl walks in and has Judith crying in his arms frantically.

"Oh baby girl, come here. Thanks Carl."

Just like that it's as if she wasn't sad or crying. We weren't making out. She wasn't looking at me intimately. This girl is gonna cause problems. I just don't know how to avoid falling in her traps.