Chapter 4:

Turns out they fell asleep on the couch. Waking up this morning, Daryp finds the tiny blonde laying snuggled close to him on the couch, the tv still playing ESPN. He doesn't know when they fell asleep, or who went first, he just knows that she's sleeping with her arms wrapped around him tightly and her blonde hair smells like strawberries. Growling, he jerks his body, bearly smacking her face into his knee- causing her to wake up.

"Mhmmm....what the heck?" She tiredly grumbles and Daryl just shoves her onto the floor- causing her to fully wake up. "Hey!"

"You feel asleep on me. I'm not a body pillow!" He stands up and stretches. Beth starts giggling a bit and adverts her eyes. "What?"

"Um...have a good dream last night or just going campin'?" Confusion hits him and then he looks down at his lil Dixon, who is fully awake. Grabbing a pillow, Daryl covers his manhood and growls- yelling for Beth to leave his presence immediately. Laughing, she stands up and starts for the stairs. "Oh and Daryl, it's so cute how you mumble in yer sleep."

Simmering in his place, Daryl figures he must have fell asleep first, but why didn't she leave once he did? Why would she allow herself to fall asleep by him?

Upstairs, Rick has gotten dressed and is drinking his cup of coffee, when he sees Beth imerge from the basement in yesterdays clothes- cheerfully going to fetch Judith. Shaking his head, he thinks nothing of it, until Daryl comes upstairs, grumbling and holding a pillow in front of his crotch. Watching him go upstairs, Rick raises an eyebrow and takes one more sip before setting his cup down and going after Daryl.

Upstairs, he opens the door and Daryl is sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing one out. Rick catches Daryl's attention by shutting the door hard and Daryl stops in his action.

"What was that about?" Rick asks curiously and Daryl huffs it off and continues his job. "I was wondering where you were last night, but I had no idea you and..."

"I wasn't doing anything with that bitch! She interrupted my game! Giants were up four nothing and she barges in like she owns the place! Fuckin' cunt even fell asleep on me like I'm so god damn pillow." Rick raises his eyebrows and comes a little closer as Daryl continues his raid on his member.

"You really don't like her. Do you?" He smirks and Daryl furrows his eyebrows.

"And you do? She's intrusive."

"She's trying to be friends with you. Why are you making it a big deal?" Rick grumbles and rolls his eyes. "She's trying to make this less awkward for everyone."

"How is it fucking awkward?"

"You honestly don't see what we have here as awkward? Two gay guys living under the same roof with two kids and having a woman be our live in nanny?" Thinking about it makes Daryl a little irritated. He wouldn't call himself gay- he hates that word. His ignorant mind associates it with those kind of guys who have high pitched voices and wear girly clothes.

"I ain't gay!"

"You are if you fuck me!"

"No that's different!"

In the hallway, Beth can hear perfectly what they're arguing about. She doesn't want to be a snoop, but at the same time, it's hard not to be.

"It's not different! How is it different Daryl?"

"Cause I don't wanna be GAY!!" it comes out wrong and Rick is hurt by it. Nodding his head, Rick says nothing and walks out. "Rick! Rick! That's not what I meant! Damn it!"

Walking down stairs, Rick kisses Carl amd Judith goodbye and says bye to Beth before slamming the front door. In the bedroom, Daryl stops stroking his long member and just sighs begore laying back against the bed. He didn't mean it as he didn't love Rick- it was meant to be take as he didn't want to be stereotyped. Titles give people the wrong idea. He didn't want people to think of him as the flameboant kind of guy. He just wants to be himself.

Going to the kitchen, it's empty and Daryl just sighs while grabbing a cup of coffee. He shouldn't be here like this. He shouldn't have kissed Rick. He should have just kept to himself.

"Can I make you something for breakfast, Mr. Dixon?" Beth meekly asks as she crosses her hands in front of her.

"...Sure." He grumbles. Maybe he should try being nice to her. Maybe if Rick sees him making an effort, then he'll forgive him.

"What would you like? I can make pancakes?"

"That's good." His eyes follow her as she gathers the ingridients and starts making him his breakfast. As she beats the batter and stirs everything before making little circles in the hot pan, Daryl watches her shake her body as she whisks. His mouth starts to water and he feels slightly restrained in his boxers.

Maybe it was her that aroused me this morning. In that case, this friendship is not going to work.