Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Mornings at the clubhouse were….messy. Chloe never considered herself something of a clean freak until now. She stood back nursing a cup of coffee while the guys hoarded the kitchen pouring bowls of cereal, cups of coffee, toasting bread and bagels. There were crumbs and stains everywhere.

“They can be kind of a mess.”

Chloe looked up to find Kip (Half-Sack) standing next to her. “Yeah no kidding. And I’m guessing it’s your piss poor luck to clean all this up.”

He chuckled. “Yeah.” He walked forward and joined the rest of the guys.

Taking in the scene one more time she noticed; that’s what family looked like. It made her smile as she walked back to her room.

Jax, Half-Sack, Tig, Bobby and Juice all stayed at the clubhouse. Sharing a bathroom with five guys that weren’t the cleanest was tough work. That was it, she decided, her first check was going toward a motel. It would be easier to hose herself down outside then to step foot in that shower. Right then she made a choice. Chloe marched back into the kitchen. “Hey!” she waited until she had their attention. “Ok you are all pigs but that’s ok I’m not going to ask you anything but to get out. This place needs help, lots.” Waiting for no response she left.

What she had in mind required supplies. Chloe walked to the corner store she spotted last night. Inside she bought Clorox, lots of it and a brand new mop and broom.

Gemma laughed when she spotted her walking up the lot with three bags and the mop and broom tucked under her arm. “It takes a brave woman to venture in there.”

“Yeah do you know where I can find one?” Chloe agreed flatly. Half-Sack joined them and took the bags. “Thanks.”

“The least I could do is help and wish you luck.” He said smiling. His smile faded with Gemma’s question.

“What the hell is she doing here again?” Gemma asked tightly, her eyes shooting daggers at the couple she focused on.

“Um I don’t know. I should get these inside.” He almost ran away with how fast he was walking.

Chloe followed Gemma’s heated glare to Jax and the woman he was talking with. “Who is she?”

“My son’s biggest mistake.” she walked forward to break up the pair.

With no time to waste Chloe went to the clubhouse and started with the bathroom.

Honoring her request everyone stayed out of the house. She tied up her long black hair and pulled on two pairs of gloves; it was time for battle. The whole morning and afternoon passed her by. The sun was setting when she stopped. Nearly ten hours of work to take a simple shower.

IIII

“Whoa.” Tig said. “I might have to marry her.” There wasn’t a stitch of dust to be seen, the floors were spotless. The stove was white again and the table empty for the first time in years.

Juice spoke. “I told you having a girl around would be a good thing.”

Jax left the guys to marvel at the clean space. He hadn’t been impressed until he saw his room. It hadn’t looked that good since the day he moved in. He checked the other rooms; they were still a mess. Why would she only clean his?

In her room he found her sitting on the bed, her hair still wet from the shower. A sketch pad was on her lap. “You draw?”

“Yeah it’s a pastime. What’s up?” she close the pad and looked at him.