Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Chloe opened her eyes to the sound of a war. She heard glass breaking, yells of anger and pain, a gunshot that had her jumping off the bed and reaching for her own weapons. The daze of sleep was quickly gone and replaced by a sharp focus she had been taught at a very young age. The sounds coming outside the room meant someone had broken into the clubhouse and it was only a matter of minutes or mere seconds before they reached her room in search for whatever they wanted.

The attack was bold and in your face, it had Luke written all over it. Plus she didn’t peg the Mayan president to be this reckless or stupid to attack on the compound. Even among biker outlaws there were lines you didn’t cross and this was one of them.

She crouched low to the ground and left the spare bedroom. The fight got louder as she neared the main room of the clubhouse. The first thing she noticed was her father fighting off a big man she had never seen before. Whoever Luke brought was probably hired muscle he found quickly. She aimed her .45 and waited for that moment of clearance to take the shot without hurting Clay in the process.

It came a minute later; Clay pushed the guy off and fell back into the couch. Before the guy could take the two steps it would take to grab ahold of Clay she fired. The bullet struck the back of his temple. For a short moment time stopped, no more punches were being thrown as everyone turned to see the man’s body twist and collapse to the floor.

“You always were a hell of a shot.” Luke said coolly as he pressed the barrel of his own gun at the base of her neck. “We worked together for years, do you really think I didn’t know how this was going to go? You here in the shadows while your protectors fend off the threat in the front? You always did like to cover the back, this was so easy I’m embarrassed for all of you.” He reached down and pulled her off the ground to stand in front of him. He grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled. “Don’t try anything funny.”

Jax’s blue eyes were alive with fire, his fists clenched tight as his eyes as he and the rest of SAMCRO watched Luke use her as a shield while moving farther into the living room. “You’re not going to leave here alive.” He promised, a snarl claiming his features.

Luke pulled tighter at her hair. “I already got what I wanted and I know you won’t risk her life trying to take me out. It sure didn’t take you guys long to become smitten. She’s a hot piece of ass, have you gotten a taste yet?” he taunted Jax.

Chloe wasn’t going to let him win, not this time and never again. She took in the scene in front of her, Luke has come with four men as back up and only two were still left alive. She was momentary curious who took out the other guy and made chum out of his intestines spewed on the ground.

She was relieved to see none of the guys were mortally hurt, Juice was sporting a bloody lip but that was the worst of the injuries. Tig stood tall ready to attack at any given moment he was told to beside Clay and Jax and from what she could see Bobby and Half-Sack weren’t home yet from some bar they had made plans to take a few girls.

“Now what?” she asked Luke while trying to plan her attack. He claimed he knew her so well but like a fool he hadn’t searched her for weapons and she had many. “Sal must be pretty pissed you’re wasting so much time on me when there’s work to be done.”

“Sal trained you to be his weapon, you think he doesn’t want your head on a platter for how you ran? The only think keeping you alive is me and my kid you’re carrying or else I’d shoot right now.”

“Then you should shoot because this isn’t your kid. She’s mine and I’d rather her die inside of me than ever lay eyes on you.” Chloe was glad for small blessings, she should be terrified right now, her biggest nightmare was coming truth. Luke had her. But she wasn’t scared, in some ways she was relived because no matter what happened this long painful ride ended tonight.

Clay pulled a gun and aimed right at Luke’s head, Tig followed in suit. “You’re out numbered you piece of shit.” Her father’s expression twisted into something dark and deadly as he smartly began to piece the puzzle together of what he was witnessing.

Luke chuckled. “You think I don’t have a card to play old man?” he motioned to his two men still standing. “Bring in our gift for Mr. Morrow.”

Everything inside of Chloe went cold. Luke wouldn’t make a move until it was all planned out, until he was sure he could win. She silently cursed and waited. She was going to have to make her move quick. She wasn’t surprised to see the man drag a gagged Gemma into the clubhouse. She had been with Clay earlier and if she wasn’t by his side now that meant something had gone wrong and boy did it.

Clay lunged forward to rip the heads of the two men holding his wife hostage but Tig and Juice were quick to hold him back.

“An even exchange.” Luke said with joy. “Your lovely wife for the daughter you never wanted anyway. The way I see it I’m doing you a favor.”

Chloe spoke before her father had to consider such a deal. “Do it. This was a long time coming. You did more than I had ever hoped and it’s time I get out of your hair.” She turned to the two hired men. “Let her go.”

The men looked at Luke for their orders. Luke shrugged behind her. “Let the biker queen go. Our work is done here.” He started slowly toward the exit while looking for any sudden attacks.

“No!” Jax yelled, moving fast away from his brothers.

Chloe used his sudden burst as a distraction. She bent and elbowed Luke in the gut using the knife tucked inside her pants, yet he still managed to grab her with his arm around her middle. They struggled down onto the ground where she kept fighting, kicking out at his legs and trying to twist his arm off of her stomach.

She heard another fight break out behind her, the sons fighting the last of Luke’s hired hands. She saw Jax out the corner of her eye struggling out of one of the men’s grasp so he could come help her.

Glass bit into her exposed skin from the broken window they had charged through. She managed to hold Luke’s wrist and twist it until she heard bone snap. The bastard cried out and she tried to crawl out from under his heavy weight.

He pinned her down using his right side, his shoulder pinning her chest. “You’re never getting rid of me. I’ll always be inside of you.”

She blindly felt around for her fallen knife. “No, I’m not letting you win anymore.” She grabbed the handle and struck.

What happened next went so fast she wasn’t entirely sure what exactly it was. She stabbed the blade into his ribs and as the blade broken skin a gunshot went off. She faintly realized he had been clutching his gun between them with his unbroken wrist.

Jax made it to her side and pulled Luke away and tossed him onto the floor like a rag doll. The stab wound did a great amount of damage. She felt his warm sickly blood around her hands and chest. The metallic smell was strong assaulting her senses but it wasn’t enough to dampen her mood. Luke was dead, finally.

Her head fell to the side and she saw everyone was still safe. Gemma was clutching Clay with a look of fear on her timeless features.

Jax touched his fingers to her cheek, they were lovely and warm and that’s when she realized she was cold. She saw his blue eyes and wanted to scream out in joy, she finally won and her nightmare was over except no words came. She couldn’t move.