Prologue

The Bad Boy

"Give it back Seth!" I screamed, throwing my shoe at my best friend, Seth Winston. He had taken the book I was reading and ran off into my living room. He laughed and turned around to look at me. "Geez, Katherine. That hurts, you know." He said, handing me my book back. I stuck my tongue out at him and grabbed my book, flipping back to the page I was on. "Don't do that then." I groaned.

Seth smiled and sat down on my couch, kicking his feet up on my moms coffee table. About a awhile ago he had declared that my house was his second home, and my parents didn't disagree. They'd always loved Seth since I first introduced him to them, and even joked about us getting married someday. Uh no. Seth was a friend and nothing more. He and I had met back in our first year of middle school and instantly clicked, and we've basically been inseparable ever since then. But as far as I was concerned, our relationship was nothing more than friends.

"We should hit up Amanda and David. Our school trip is in a few days, you know. Don't want to spend it without those two love birds." Seth said, winking at me. He was tall and had long brown hair and blue eyes. He always wore skinny jeans and baseball t-shirts and the same old brown Sperry's. I guess you could say he was one of those very attractive guys that you wouldn't find at your school, but surprisingly he went to mine. He's never really been into the whole relationship thing so he's never even kissed a girl, let along looked at one. I used to tease him back in middle school, saying he liked men and whatever. I guess I'll never know until he dates someone. He was a really nice guy and any girl would be lucky to have him, or so I've been told. But just not me.

"Yeah you're right." I said, totally not paying attention to him. I was almost done with one of the chapters in my book and it was seriously getting intense. The main character was about to lose her virginity and her ex boyfriend wasn't having it. I had my nose in the book when my doorbell went off. Seth jumped up and ran over to the door, like a dog who's been missing its owner. I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the couch, wanting to see what the main characters ex boyfriend was going to do until I heard an all too familiar voice.

I closed my book and sat it down, my heart racing in my chest. No way. I thought, getting up from my couch and walking over to Seth. Standing at the door and leaning on the side of it, was no other than Vincent Cross. Also known as my worst enemy, since like grade school. It all started back when we were in kindergarten and Vincent put his booger on my brownie. He thought it was so funny to see me cry and he even poured my juice all over an ant pile. I've hated that boy ever since and he still hasn't changed. I mean who could blame me? He was a serious nut case.

The question I wanted to ask is what on earth was he doing back in SpearsVille and not locked up in that stupid boarding school he was attending. "You've got to be kidding me." I muttered, staring at Vincent. Seth turned around and looked at me confused, I'd never mentioned anything about Vincent to him. Mostly because I never had a reason to and I seriously didn't want to. "Hey, Kat. I see you've finally grown boobs." Vincent said, winking at me, his eyes fixed on my chest.

He was standing there checking me out, the lollipop in his mouth moving around while he looked at my chest. His eyes were a deep grey and his black hair had grown out past his ears. He had on a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans. His body was more built than when I'd last seen him and it looked like he'd been working out. Seeing him now I'd think he went off to some workout school instead of one for delinquents.

I walked up to the door and slammed it in his face, heading back over to the couch. "Fucking pervert." I said, sitting down and opening my book. "Is that anyway to treat an old friend?" Vincent asked, leaning on my opened window in the living room. I groaned and got up, heading over to him. "What do you want you animal? Why did they even let you out? I think you need to go back for a few years, maybe even decades. Actually just die there." He laughed and leaned in close to my face, the smell of him filling my nose. His cologne was a summer breeze type of smell with a hint of strawberries and damn did it smell good.

"You know you missed me. Tormenting you. And let me be the first to say that you've gotten sexy as fuck. I've come back to torment that body and heart of yours. So how about letting me in so we can catch up, beautiful." He whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spine. I pushed him away from me and shut my window. "Not happening creep. I have a better idea though, go kill yourself." I locked the window and turned away, Seth standing over by the kitchen sink. "Uhm. So that guy..is he your ex boyfriend or something?" He asked, looking at Vincent who still stood by my window, biting his lip and looking at my ass.

I nearly puked when Seth asked me that. Boyfriend? I thought as I laughed at Seth. "Wow Seth. You really had me dying with that one. For a second there I thought you were serious. There you go again with all these jokes." I said, trying to stop laughing. I finally calmed down a little and sat on my couch again, Vincent finally gave up and left. Seth walked over to me and looked down at me. "I was serious." He said, his face emotionless. I looked at him a bit annoyed, but I'd never seen such a serious side of Seth before. It was kind of cute in a 'I'd never date you' way.

"Seth." I said, opening my book and finding my page. "That animal that just escaped from the zoo, is NOT my ex
boyfriend."