Chapter 6

School Trip And A Perve

I sat on the bus next to Seth and stared out the window. My mind was still going back to Friday when my so called friend David Beckman tried to straight up kill me. Or whatever he tried to do. It turned out I was right, David had taken acid and went completely insane. He thought I was some alien coming to take him from earth or something. Well if acid does all that to you count me in. I'd like to see some aliens and use it as an excuse to kick some ass. It was only fair right?

I hadn't even told Seth because the police said to keep this a closed case. I was afraid to be alone so Vincent stayed at my house until I fell asleep. Probably longer knowing that stalker. He had saved me and I didn't even say thank you. The guilt was eating me alive. I decided to just keep my distance from him until this whole thing blows over.

"You feeling okay, Katherine?" Seth asked, looking at me. I blinked and snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. "What? Yeah. Just tired." I lied, pulling my book out of my backpack. Well technically I didn't lie I just walked around the truth. I mean I was tired but I definitely wasn't feeling okay. At all. The bus had finally started moving and it headed down the highway. I looked out the window and leaned my head against it, wanting to go back in time and not cry in front of Vincent. How embarrassing. Like more embarrassing than what happened with Collen. Oh god. Thank god it wasn't Collen who'd saved me. I would have ended my life on the spot.

I looked at the front of the bus and saw Amanda sitting alone, David hadn't showed up today. I wonder if she knows. I thought, biting my lip and feeling guilty. I mean technically it wasn't my fault that her boyfriend stood her up on their 6 year anniversary because of drugs. Still, I couldn't help feeling guilty about it. Seth started tapping his leg and looked up at the front of the bus too. "Must be hard on Amanda. Not having David here. I wonder why he didn't show." He said, scratching his head. "I hope their anniversary went okay." I sighed and closed my eyes, not wanting to talk about David. Think about David. Or even remember David's existence. A football player taking acid, that's not going to look good on his college applications.

I ended up falling asleep and waking up to the sound of Seth snoring. He had passed out on my lap and had drooled on my leg. So gross. I thought, getting some tissue out of my backpack and wiping my leg off. I looked out the window to see that we were finally in CloudWay City, the bus had just pulled up to our hotel that we were going to be staying at for 3 weeks. Wow. I thought, looking at the building. It was lit up by colorful lights and had a fountain outside of it. The other students were also looking and getting their bags. Everyone started to get off the bus as I shook Seth.

"Hey. Aqua Man wake up. Your water powers are all over my lap." I said, shaking him harder. He woke up and groaned, wiping off his mouth. "Oh shit. I'm sorry." He said, getting up and grabbing our bags. I laughed and got up too, walking off the bus and heading to the entrance of the hotel. Once inside we were all assigned a room and a room key. Lucky for me I didn't get assigned a roommate because there was an odd number of girls than boys. Yes! I thought, heading upstairs to room number 2.

Seth followed me and groaned, not liking his roommate. "Can I sleep in here with you? My roommate is Larry Philips. I hate that guy." He said, giving me the puppy face. "Sorry but your going to have to deal with it. I've been wanting to sleep alone." I said, opening my door and putting my things inside. Seth sighed and dragged his bags to his room, it was all the way down the hall from mine. He had gotten room number 12 with Larry The Harry Philly. Or at least that's what I called him because he never shaved like anywhere and because he always had something stuck in his beard.

I shut my room door and hopped on my bed, smiling and getting comfortable. I sat up and looked at the time, hoping I had time to shower. The clock read 9:13pm, leaving me plenty of time. Yes. I thought, hopping out of bed and stripping, heading to the bathroom and turning on the shower. I got in and started washing my hair and body, finally starting to relax. This is good. I thought, closing my eyes and letting the water run down my face.

I turned off the water and got a towel, drying off and tossing it into the dirty clothes hamper that was already there. I walked out of the bathroom and leaned over to pick up my suitcase when my room door opened. I nearly killed myself when I saw Vincent standing there, an expression of approval on his face. "Looks good." He said calmly. I screamed and grabbed my hair brush, throwing it at him and covering my body with a blanket. "What are you doing in here you, y-you Pervert!!!" I said, gripping the covers tightly.

Vincent saw my body. The first boy to ever see my body. Why? Why him? Why not Collen or even Seth. Seth would have been better than Vincent. Shit anyone would have! Larry Philip would have! Why Vincent?! Kill me now. Vincent walked over towards me and sighed. "I'm sorry." He said, handing me his room key. "Looks like we're roommates." I stared at his room key, my heart racing out of control. No. I thought. God no why do you hate me?! I looked around for my room key, hoping it was a lie and that he'd picked up mine to try to sleep with me. But it wasn't my room key, mine was on my bag.

"Oh my god no." I said, my head spinning. "This isn't happening. This isn't fucking happening." I got up and pushed him out of the room, slamming the door shut. "Don't come in until I'm changed you pervert!" I screamed, running into the bathroom and locking the door. God hates me. I thought, sitting down against the door and closing my eyes. God really fucking hates me.