Chapter 14

A Date With The Sick Boy

After breakfast I waved goodbye to Seth and Tracey and headed to my room. I wanted to see if Vincent was there. I hadn't seen him all morning and for some reason I was getting sad. When I walked into the room I saw him sitting on the bed, his nose was red and his skin was pale. "Vincent?!" I said, rushing over to him. He stopped me and looked away. "Its okay Kat. I'm just sick." He said, his voice strained. I sat next to him anyway and hugged him. "I don't care. Let me help you. Its only right since you helped me. Like a lot." I said, looking at him. He smiled weakly at me and nodded.

I laid him down on the bed and rushed to the bathroom, looking in my bag for my Advil pills I carry everywhere. When I found them I pulled them out and grabbed a bottle of water too, heading back over to Vincent. He looked at me, a smirk on his face. It was more strained now than usual because he was sick. I smiled sadly and handed him the pill and water bottle. "Now take this while I run down to the cafeteria to get you some soup." I said, walking to the room door. He sat up and took the pill.

Before I left out the door Vincent called my name. "Hey, babe. I'm sorry about getting sick. I really wanted to go to the arcade with you." He said sadly, I smiled and turned around to face him. "Its okay Vincent. I'll definitely think of something else you might like that we can do here." I winked, making him blush. I turned and shut the door, my heart pounding in my chest as I headed down the hallway. Oh God did I say that? I thought, stepping inside the elevator. When I got to the first floor I quickly headed to the cafeteria, wanting to get back to Vincent asap.

I stood in line behind James Morgan, a guy from my class who always looked high and smelled like dope. One time he even tried to get Tracey to hide it in her purse for him but she shut that down real quick. Good old Tracey. I smiled, waiting my turn. James turned around then and looked at me, his face expressionless and a bit lost. I was starting to think he didn't even realize he was in the cafeteria. I looked at him a bit confused and flipped my hair out of my face. "Yes, James?" I asked, half expecting him to say something stupid like he always did. But to my surprise, he just turned back around, completely ignoring me. Wow, rude much? I thought, rolling my eyes.

It was finally my turn and I ordered a chicken soup and some lemons. I grabbed the tray and walked back to the elevator when Chris Minks stepped in with me. He was also in my class but was never really in my class, if you get what I mean. Always roaming the halls and selling drugs. I mean seriously how are guys like him and James never caught? I didn't understand it and I didn't want to. I stared at the soup until the elevator finally made it to my floor. I stepped off and walked down the hall towards my room and I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. When I glanced behind me, I saw Chris leaning against the elevator door, watching me.

I got super creeped out then and headed back to my room as quickly as possible. Uhm okay? I thought as I turned the corner to my hall. I stopped dead in my tracks as I stared down the hall at room 10, Amanda and Tracey's room. Seth and Amanda were leaned against the door and kissing. My head started to spin and I didn't know what to do. Was Amanda and David already broken up? And since when did Seth like girls? Well I guess it wasn't that much of a surprise. Amanda was gorgeous after all. I slowly made my way towards my room and went inside, locking the door behind me. It was none of my business what Seth did with Amanda. I walked over to Vincent and sat the tray down on the dresser next to our bed. I climbed in bed with him and kissed him. He smiled and kissed me back, running his hands through my hair. "What took you?" He asked, playing with my jeans. I blushed and laid my head on his chest.

"Well first off I went down to the cafeteria and you know Chris right? Well when I got off the elevator so did he and he just stared at me. I was like so creeped out." I said, shaking my head disgusted. Vincent's smile went away and he went into deep thought. "Anything else?" He asked concerned. I shook my head, not wanting to mention what I saw Seth and Amanda doing. Vincent nodded and kissed me, getting on top of me and taking off my clothes. I blushed again and took off his shirt when a knock came at our room door. I covered myself with the blanket startled as Vincent got up and went to go open it. Seth stood there, trying to look in the room but Vincent blocked his way. I slowly got off the bed and hid under it, not wanting him to see me. "Is Katherine here?" Seth asked, staring at Vincent.

I closed my eyes and prayed that Vincent would get the hint and say no. To my surprise my prayers were answered and Vincent shook his head and shut the door, locking it back. I got up and smiled at him, my heart still pounding in my chest a little. He winked at me and walked over to me, leaning me on the dresser and kissing my neck and undoing my bra. I closed my eyes and ran my fingers through his hair. This was way better than some stupid arcade.