Chapter 5

The Bad Boy Is Good?

It was Friday and I had finally made it through this horrible week, and surprisingly enough I haven't seen or ran into Vincent at all. I guess it finally clicked in that acorn he mistook for a brain that I didn't want to be bothered by him. My life was finally back to the way it was when he got sent to boarding school freshman year. I headed to class with Seth, Amanda and David as always and waved goodbye to them when I got to the stairs. Seth had finally stopped worrying about Vincent and so had I. I walked up the stairs to my class when I saw Tracey again. "Hey. Where's that cutie that always follow you around?" She asked, walking beside me.

I sighed and put my book in my backpack, not wanting to talk about the creep. "You mean the pervert stalker? He finally left me alone thank god." I said, sounding a bit relaxed. Tracey laughed and looked at me. "What? That's a good thing? You want someone like him to leave you alone?" She asked, looking at me. I smiled and shook my head. "He's all yours Tracey." I said, heading into my classroom. "I wish. But he stopped coming to school." She said heading to her class. I sat at my desk, a bit surprised and a little confused. Oh yeah. I thought, looking at the board for today's assignment. I haven't seen him at lunch either.

Well I'm sure wherever he was he was just fine. As long as it was far away from me and my life. I put my head down and closed my eyes for just a bit, I hadn't gotten much sleep last night and I didn't know why. Stupid body. I thought. Go to sleep when I tell you to. Class finally started and I couldn't keep focus, for some reason my mind kept drifting off to another world. I wiped my eyes and tried to concentrate but the classroom seemed so far away. Great, did somebody drug me? I thought, laying my head on the desk. I was so tired I didn't know what to do. I couldn't wait until school was over. Summer break here I come.

When school finally ended I ran to meet up with Seth. He stood by the entrance of the school waiting for me. I couldn't wait to take a nap in his truck. Before I made it down the stairs I saw Vincent coming up. We both stopped and looked at each other for a bit. "Hey." He said, very plainly and dull. I waved at him and walked past him, half expecting him to stop me like he always did. But he didn't, he headed up the stairs and didn't look back at me. I rolled my eyes and headed over to Seth. "Let's go." I said, the both of us leaving out the school and over to his truck.

"The school trip is in 2 days." He said, looking at me. I pulled out my book and nodded, reading another chapter. "Yeah. Going to be fun. I've always wanted to go to CloudWay City. I wonder if they have better bikinis over there because I need a new one." I said, getting in his truck. He got in too and started it up. "Don't you feel embarrassed in those?" He asked, pulling out of the school parking lot. I glanced at him a bit confused. "Should I feel embarrassed in them?" I asked. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

"Well. Isn't it like going out in public in your underwear?" He asked, looking at me. I thought about it for awhile before agreeing. "Oh my god you're right. Wow can't believe I didn't realize that until now." I said, laughing and closing my book. "Next time someone sees me in my underwear I guess I can't get angry." Seth blushed and looked ahead. "Anyway I have more things to do today so hopefully I'll see you tonight." He said, pulling up in my driveway.

I hopped out of his truck and waved goodbye, heading into my house. I set my bag down by the front door and headed straight to the kitchen, my head had started to spin again. I opened my fridge and grabbed a water bottle when a knock came at my living room window. I jumped, not expecting anyone today and turned to see David standing outside. David? I thought, walking over to the window. For some reason I felt weird, as if I wanted it to be Vincent. No no no. I thought, shaking my head and opening the window. Why the hell would anyone want it to be some creepy stalker at their window? David looked at me, tears streaming down his face. I stared at him confused and stepped back. "What's wrong? Shouldn't you be spending your 6 year anniversary with Amanda?" I asked, looking at his hands.

They were shaking and he was staring at me, his eyes cloudy and red. I think he's high. I thought, waiting for him to answer me. "Their everywhere. Everywhere!" He screamed, climbing in my window and trying to grab me. I screamed as loud as I could and kicked him in the balls, running towards the kitchen to grab a knife. He came up behind me and picked me up, throwing me to the floor hard. "Ah!" I screamed, my ankle starting to throb. He got on top of me and started slapping me, I tried covering my face but he moved my hands. I screamed and cried, my heart racing quickly. "David?! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

I was at my limit when I saw Vincent standing behind David, holding a chair and hitting him across the head with it. Tears streamed down my cheeks as he kneeled down next to me and treated to my ankle. "You'll be okay. It isn't broken." He said calmly, his eyes searching my body again. But this time it wasn't to check me out, but to check for any damage. "V-Vincent?" I said between sobs, he pulled me into his arms and rubbed my hair. "Its okay. I'll protect you." He whispered, holding me closely. I gave into him and cried on his chest, my heart speeding up and my body hurting. I didn't understand what was going on and I didn't want to. At that moment all I wanted was Vincent.