Chapter 7

A Thank You From The Heart

I sat on the bed and stared at Vincent, watching his every move. There was only one bed in the room so I made him make a palate on the floor. He didn't want to at first but he finally gave up. He rolled over to the side and faced the wall, he had on nothing but his boxers. I looked away from him then and laid down in the bed, a sigh escaping me.

I should tell him thank you now. I thought, looking over at him. I blushed when I realized he was already looking at me. I turned away and held onto my pillow, afraid to sleep now. Creep! I thought, staring out the window. He got up and walked over to me, rubbing my ankle gently. "How is it?" He asked, his voice sounding a bit worried. I sat up and moved my leg away, feeling a bit embarrassed. "I-Its fine." I said, looking at his hand. He nodded and checked my face for bruises, his face very close.

I stayed perfectly still and tried not to breath, afraid he might try something. "You're face looks fine too. You're back to being beautiful and not beat up." He said, looking me in the eyes. I slapped his hand away and backed up into the wall. "Yeah. I'm fine now so you can stop touching me." I said, my heart speeding up again. This was too much for me to handle. Sharing a room with a boy, but not just any boy. My fucking stalker of all people. I wonder if I can trade him for Seth. Yeah that would be better. Seth always sleeps over at my house anyway, and he wasn't a creepy perve.

Vincent watched me, his eyes looking right through me. Like deep in my soul or something. Anyway it was creeping me out and making me uncomfortable. "Can you please stop looking at me? Its fucking creeping me out." I said, looking at the floor. He nodded and looked back at his bag and sat down next to it. I sighed and hugged my legs, trying to figure out how I should apologize to him. He looked at me again just then, a serious expression on his face. "Look. I'm sorry I walked in on you. That was my bad." He said, looking back at his bag.

I laid down and covered up in my blankets, trying to get comfortable. "Its okay. Just don't do it again you perve." I said, watching him. He laughed a bit and for some reason it made me smile. I quickly stopped and shook my head. No. What are you smiling for? Stop it. I thought, teaching myself a lesson. I sighed and played with my hair, trying to think of how to thank him. But it was so hard for some reason. Should I just come out and say thanks for the rescue? I really didn't know and I was getting tired. I closed my eyes slowly, trying to fight the sleep that tried to consume me.

I passed out for about a few seconds when I felt hands holding my arms down, and someone on top of me. My eyes shot open in fear as I saw Vincent there, he was watching me. I tried to break free of his grasp. "What the hell are you doing?!" I screamed, kicking his legs to get him off of me. He covered my mouth with his hand and put his face close to mine. "Shh." He whispered. I stared at him confused and I started to get scared. He uncovered my mouth and picked up his first aid kit. He had been treating to the bruise on my forehead I tried to hide with my hair.

I sat up quickly as he walked to the trash can and threw away the wrappers. "There. Your bruise should be fine now. I promise." He said, sitting on his bag. His body had gotten really muscular and I felt myself staring longer than I had to. Oh god stop. I thought, looking away. He had helped me again, I needed to say thank you right now. "Hey..thank you. For saving me Friday." I said. Before I realized it, he was wiping my face with a tissue. I had started to cry and didn't realize it. "I'm sorry." I said, trying to stop crying. He smiled at me and laid me down. "Get some sleep." He said, and before I knew it I was knocked out.