Chapter 3

Bad Boys Get Jealous?

I finished up my essay during 4th period and the bell sounded for lunch not too long after that. Finally. I thought, tossing my work in my backpack and leaving the classroom. I loved lunch. I mean who didn't? Not only did you get to eat with all your friends but you also got to get away from annoying work and teachers. That's not why I liked lunch though. For me it was more of a 'get to see Collen Westfield' type of thing. I've only been crushing on him for like ever and I also got to see him during lunch because he sat at the table across from mine.

He was so cute. Like not puppy dog cute that you just want to cuddle him to death, but sexy cute like you want to fuck his brains out. Anyway the point is he was cute. I walked over to my table to see Seth scarfing down chicken nuggets and a bottle of water. "Whoa there, Tarzan. You aren't in the jungle anymore you can't eat like that." I said sitting down next to him. He laughed and wiped his mouth with a napkin, turning to look at me. "Sorry, Katherine. Its just I'm in a bit of a hurry today." He said, finishing the last of his food.

I looked at him confused and played with my hair. "So what you're saying is, basically you're planning on leaving me here to eat lunch alone?" I asked, giving him my death stare. He laughed a little and put his hand on my knee. "Just for today I promise. I need to hurry and finish the project but my Spanish teacher said I had to do it during lunch. And she was only giving me today to do it." I sighed and rolled my eyes, pulling out my lunch box I had packed this morning. "Whatever go ahead. You need to pass your classes so go." He smiled and rubbed my hair, running down to the Spanish hallway.

I pulled out my book and opened it, pretending to read it while I took a couple of glances at Collen. God he's so cute. I thought, checking out his eyes. He was laughing with his friends and just being so damn cute while doing it. It was seriously driving me insane. The things I would do to that boy. I put my book down and pulled out my lunch box when Vincent came up and sat next to me. "I see you made me lunch today." He said, eating my animal crackers. I hit him on the arm and pulled my lunch box away from him. "Uh. Go away. Get your own lunch you jackass."

Collen looked over at me surprised, he'd never seen this side of me before. My cheeks became red with embarrassment and I looked away from him, wishing I was dead. Or at least wishing I could disappear and move far away from this place. Vincent stared at Collen, his whole composure completely different than before. He was a bit more scary and had this whole death glare thing going on. I got even more embarrassed and hit his arms again. "Hey you creep. Don't look at him like that." I said, grabbing my things and walking out of the cafeteria as fast as I could.

Vincent was behind me a few minutes later, his eyes covered by his hair and his once annoying smirk gone. He was completely quiet and it was starting to creep me out. "Hey stalker. If you're going to follow me don't be all dead about it. Bad enough you ruined my life just now and my imaginary chance of getting with Collen." I said, leaning over and getting water from the fountain. Vincent grabbed my arm and held me up against him again, his grasp wasn't gentle and fragile like it was the first time, but more strong and protective.

"You like that guy?" He asked, his voice a whisper. Actually it was so low I literally had to read his lips to know what he said. I tried to push him away from me but he held onto me even tighter. "T-That's none of your business you creep now let me go." I demanded. He leaned in close to my ear then and waited for me to stop squirming. I stared up at the ceiling and waited for the worst. "Do you like him?" He whispered. I just stood there quiet, too afraid to speak. He finally let me go, a sad expression on his face. I'd never seen Vincent have any other expressions besides flirt or pervert. This kind of freaked me out a little.

He walked down the hallway, leaving me there by the fountain. I leaned against the wall and tried to gather my thoughts. What was that all about? I thought confused. Why would he care who I liked? I was a free woman. I could like whoever I pleased without anyone's permission. Especially not his permission. But why did he look so sad? Is it possible for guys like him to care about things like this? Unless he actually really did like me. Eww gross. I thought. No no. Absolutely impossible. Yeah there was no way Vincent liked me. But if he didn't, why did he get jealous? Because that was clearly jealousy.