Chapter 1

I Hate You

I woke up the next morning for school, it was our last week before summer vacation and I was seriously ready to never wake up again. I turned over on my side and yawned, getting out of bed and stretching. I walked over to my mirror and looked at myself, my long black hair messy and unkempt. I wasn't really all that attractive to be honest. Long black hair and green eyes, a shitty lip piercing and kind of clear skin. I guess you could say I was decent. By decent I mean one of those shy quiet girls that you never noticed until she spoke and never noticed how beautiful she was until she went all Cinderella on you at the ball. Well, you get the point. I could be attractive if I wanted to, but that requires effort. Effort that I did not have.

I grabbed my brush and brushed out my hair, plugging in my flat iron and straightening it. Then tying it up into a pony tail and putting a little bit of eye liner on. "There." I said, going to the bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth, kicking off my pajamas and throwing them into my dirty clothes hamper. Then I rinsed out my mouth and washed my face. I headed out of the bathroom to my closet and looked through it to see what I could wear.

"So many clothes, yet nothing to wear." I said, looking around at my jeans and shirts. I grabbed a plain white sweater and some black skinny jeans and put them on. I didn't like to dress too flashy but I also still wanted to look good in a way. Now don't get me wrong I didn't care what people thought about me or anything like that. What I'm saying is I have respect for myself enough to at least look okay.

I walked over to my computer desk and grabbed my backpack off of it, checking the time. The clock read 6:17am, which meant Seth should be here in less than 20 minutes to pick me up. Leaving me just enough time to eat a piece of toast and some strawberries. I jogged downstairs to my kitchen and set my backpack on the counter. I went over to the fridge and looked inside, trying to decide on what topping to put on my toast. I grabbed the jelly and set it on the counter when I saw someone standing outside my living room window.

He was wearing a black hoodie and some skinny jeans and he had a lollipop in his mouth. My fear turned into extreme annoyance as I walked over to see Vincent standing there, watching me like the creepy stalker he was. I opened the window and sighed, not wanting to bother with him. "Can you stop being a creepy stalker for like, two minutes? Or at least while I'm deciding on what to eat?" I said, folding my arms across my chest.

Vincent smiled at me and looked at what I was wearing, his eyes surfing my body in approval. It made me uncomfortable and I backed away, not wanting him to even pretend I'm naked. He noticed and laughed, climbing inside my window. "May I come in, beautiful?" He asked, already walking over and sitting on my couch. I rolled my eyes and turned around and faced him. "You know, normally people ask that before they just come right in and make themselves at home. Not while they're entering." I walked back over to my kitchen and grabbed some bread. "By the way, my answer is no."

Vincent laughed again and got up, walking over to me and getting awfully close. I backed away from him startled and he stepped close to me again, backing me up against my counter. I couldn't go anywhere, he had placed both of his hands on both sides of me and held onto the counter. My heart started pounding in my chest as his face slowly moved towards mine. I put my hands up and looked away. "What the hell are you doing, creep?" I asked, pushing him away from me.

He flipped his hair and smirked at me, leaning against my counter. "You know you want me, Kat. So why do you fight it?" He asked. I looked around confused, trying to find the person he was talking to because it definitely wasn't me. "Uhm. Excuse me? That's probably because I don't like you. In fact I hate you. So leave. Get out of my house, get out of my life, and stay away from me." I said, pointing towards the window. He walked over and grabbed my hand, pulling me into his chest. "You don't hate me." He whispered, his lips close to mine.

My heart started pounding faster and I started to feel a bit light headed. I looked away from him and pushed him off of me again. "Stop it! Just get out. You're such a fucking perve." I said, pushing him towards the window. "Leave, leave, leave!" I shouted as he climbed out. I shut the window and locked it again, heading to the couch and sitting down. I sighed deeply and took a deep breath. What an asshole. I thought, looking at my ceiling. I definitely hate that creep. Yes I used creep a lot. But could you blame me? He fits that description perfectly. Fucking creep.