Chapter 1:

"(y/n) you are aware of the time right?" I was abruptly awoken up by a load knock at my door. I opened my eyes to reveal the sun shinning through my windows. I looked about my room, admiring the blue patterns on my curtains, and the shiny smooth surface of my desk. Yawning loudly I walked over to the door remembering that today I would get my own driver as I would be starting at the 'academy'. Slowly I dragged my self to my bedroom door opening it to reveal my brother standing in front of me. "Hey Baka (idiot), I'm giving you 5 minuets to get out the house." I looked over at him and smirked. " yeh, and what if I refuse?" I questioned.  He looked carefully at me, suddenly changing his facial expression to a softer look. "(y/n)... I promise it won't be as bad as before." It took me a few minuets to sink in as he referred to my past experience in schools. Awful shots from the past suddenly flashed across my memory.

'That girl (y/n)? She never speaks...she's so creepy.'

'Yeh, she always wears that weird large hood over her eyes...'

'She's so weak and pathetic, don't bother talking to her...'

I sighed as the painful memories faded away. " whatever kanji, get out of my room now," I answered as I shut the door to change into some clothes. Picking out a cute white shirt with a black bow near the collar, followed with a checked mini skirt, I walked out the room. As I walked downstairs watching my brother fiddle with his scarf I grabbed my dark blue hooded trench coat and walked outside. I took in a deep breathe and sighed. It had been 5 years since I last went to school. After being severely bullied, I was homeschooled since 11,  along with kanji my older brother. I was now 16. I looked ahead at the road in front of me, wondering how long it will take to get to the academy. Looking down on my watch realising I was already 5 minutes late, I started to walk. "Eh? Wait!" I heard kanji catch up to me. "Looking forward to you first day at the academy?" He asked winding me up. I looked up at him with an annoyed expression. " tch, It opened up a month ago, I'll just end up feeling like the odd one out." I enquired him. He looked thoughtful before replying, " (y/n) you really don't have anything to worry about fitting In...once people get to know you, I'm sure you will make a lot friends." I looked down at the ground lost in thought. Get to know me better? I play around with people, I try to make friends, but it never works. I only trust people dear to me. I find it hard to let people get close to me. I find it hard to fit in. Sighing, I  pulled my hood over my head ( I had always done this, I felt more comfortable, protected...safe).  I suddenly felt kanji tap my shoulder. 

I turned around to see the academy gates.  "Well, good luck!" Kanji said suddenly pulling me into a tight hug. I could tell he felt worried about me by the tone of his voice. "Yeh, see you later then..." I tried my best to give a smile to him as I turned around. Taking another deep breath, I  faced the gates. I looked down at my watch realising I was 15 minuets late.

"Just great..." I sigh, running towards the front doors, hoping I would still be able to make the introduction. ' come on (y/n) just a little bit more ' I thought to myself. I suddenly collided with something. Rather someone. 

I tripped over falling to the floor. "Ahh great start there (y/n)" I mumbled to myself.  Getting up, I went to pick up my bag. Forgetting I still had not tied my shoelaces, I tripped up again,falling clumsily to the floor. Suddenly I heard a chuckle behind me. Completely forgetting there was someone there, I looked up to a blonde boy, with the most beautiful blue intriguing eyes I had ever seen.  As he met my gaze, his face changed to a soft look. He bent down handing my bag to me. "Uhh..thanks" I mumbled covering my eyes with my hood. It was a habit hard to grow out of.  I saw him hand out a hand to help me up. Gladly accepting I stood up, still curious about the boy.  The boy looked at me carefully, examining my features, before turning around and walking away.

Before I knew it I was jogging up to him grabbing hold of his hand. He looked over at me with a confused expression. I was Shocked myself that I did that. " sorry, but would you mind showing me to ifrits office?" I looked up with a smile. The boy looked carefully at me before nodding his head, a small smile playing at his lips. "I'm (y/n) by the way", I said looking up at him.  "Right.." he paused. " im aoto."