Chapter 12

The flames surrounded me again. But screaming my parents name didn't help. It was all happening again. 

And there it was.

The divine gate. It stood in front of me, like in all my worst nightmares, my best dreams...my most treasured thoughts....the huge metal gates...

Mixed emotions ran through my blood, pulsing through my veins. As I stood on the debris of my burning house, I looked up to see the idiosyncratic gates stare back at me, like so many other times.  A wave of delusion took control of my body, as I though of reaching out my finger tips...  The gate...it was so close... This was the right thing.  It will grant my wish. It will give me back my parents.

 I stretched out my arm.... I need my parents back

I moved my hand up assiduously, slowly....because the gate will grant this wish

my fingertips were on the cusp of touching the gate.... My parents...My wish...the gate

"STOP!".  A voice?  Here?

I turned around to face a young boy, maybe a few years older than me. Dejectedly,  my gaze met his.  But instead of grief or sorrow like my eyes, he held a determined look. "You saw the gate didn't you?" His question chimed in my ears, leaving me with a ludicrous feeling.

"........"  I did want not respond.

"You don't have to answer straight away... But please don't let the fire get to you! At least come down here!". The boy signalled for me to come down, away from the burning debris of my house.  I looked away from him watching the flames roar into the sky, killing the debris of my ruined house. Did he not understand that I had caused all of this?  I looked back at the boy as anxiety rose within me.

"The flames can never harm me...But they can hurt you."  I answered hesitantly.

But instead the boy headed towards the burning debris. What was he doing!? The flames will just kill him....like with them....like with my parents... I fell to my knees, as tears overwhelmed my face.

"But If the flames won't hurt you, why are you crying? Why do you look so scared of them?"

I looked up, shocked to see that the boy had climbed up to me....he was staring at me with glistening, gallant, bold eyes. His face turned into a gentle smile as he took hold of my hands. "I'm here for you now, so don't let the flames get to you."   His word made me feel at peace. I turned around in his arms as he hugged me, letting the fierce blazing gusts whip my face...but the gate was no longer there....

I let him hug me, I let him help me, I didn't shut him out.

************

I woke up, surprised to feel wet stains on my cheek...had I been crying? That dream I had...I smiled to myself.  

"(y/n)! Are you up? I'm coming in." Kanji walked in as I sat up rubbing my eyes. "Hey, I'm going out to the shops, do you wan...!?....(y/n)?". He looked down at me, confused, as I continued to hug him tightly.  I clutched to his shirt. "Thank you Kanji..." I said sniffling into his shirt. I felt him hug me back and pat my head. I looked back into his eyes.

They never changed.

------------------

Akane x reader? Guys I'm opening up for any other divine gate requests, and norn9 xxx

What did ya think? A couple of you guys had strongly wanted me to talk about the wishes for the divine gate sooooo...  Anywaysss, I'm open for requests- and norn9 so feel free to leave in comments or message me, I'll be happy to accept ;)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :b

xx Akane-chann

 =^.^=