Chapter 18

I buried my head further into my pillow. 

What the hell is going on! Ariton actually told me he liked me!  I replayed the image of him confessing to me in my head. Uhhhhh.... this is making me cringe

"(y/n)!?". I snapped out of my thoughts as my brother's voice echoed through the house. "Food's ready! C'mon lets eat!" .  I got up slowly stretching my arms before scuttling of to the kitchen.                   "Hey whats up you look kinda....distraught?" Kanji said in between mouthfuls of food. I took my plate rolling my eyes at him. "When will you ever learn?". He glanced up at me and grinned madly. "Ew...Kanji..". We both burst out laughing. I felt at home speaking with Kanji, at least he was always there for me.

*Knock Knock

"Hmmmm?" Kanji looked up at the door, surprised. "Its ok, I'll get it.." I watched as Kanji ran of to answer the door. Who could it possibly be? We rarely get visitors.  I sat there a while, pondering before Kanji's shout awoke me abruptly.  "(Y/N)! Its for you and its urgent!" 

What....? I got up and went to the door. Standing in the doorway was the one and only, Aoto. 

"A..Aoto?" I stumbled gazing up at him. He looked at me carefully, a worried look an his adorable face. "(Y/n) please help. Its Ariton. I can't find him anywhere."

*********

I continued running through the rain, swiftly followed by Aoto. So this is how my evening turned out...great( -.- ) .  "(y/n) where did you see him last?" Aoto looked up at me breathless. I shuffled awkwardly. "W..Well it was actually just by the academy..." Aoto didn't even look at me, just carried on running to the gates of the academy.

"ARITON! PLEASE! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

I stood by Aoto looking down at the ground. This wasn't fair...

Why didn't he remember me, but I remembered him..

Why does Ariton like me instead of Aoto..

Drop. Drop.

"(y/n)...Are you ok?" Aoto suddenly stopped yelling looking up at me. I couldn't look at him..it would just bring back to many painful memories. "I'm fine" I sniffled wiping away my tears. "(y/n)..." His voice trailed of. "Really, I'm fine.. I'm glad you and Ariton are close...at least you have each other now to face your parents.." I mumbled quietly. Aoto was walking away when he stopped abruptly.

"What do you mean my to face my parents?" Aoto questioned me, not turning around. I fumbled with my fingers. "Well...you know...there not exactly the nicest in the world. They would do brutal thing to you and Ariton just so you could both become strong water adapters. I think thats an awful thing to do..."

Silence.

"(y/n)....I've never told anyone that. "