Chapter 3

Running in the cold rain was horrendous, I could feel my fingers going numb, but I continued to drag Aoto with me till I knew I was home. "(y/n)?", I looked back at Aoto as we continued to run. " My house isn't far from here..." He said suddenly turning left.  Quickly agreeing, we ran on for about a minute. I started to notice the poor quality of the houses nearby. Aoto stopped in front of one. It didn't look as bad as the rest, but It wasn't the best.

"So this is were you live.. Huh...." I looked up at the house. "Yeh.." mummbeled Aoto quickly finding a set of keys in his pocket to walk into the house.

I walked in to a scent of vanilla. Thankful I was finally shaded from rain I looked up and around the house. Wall paper was peeling off, and the carpet looked old and tattered.  I turned around to face Aoto, but he wasn't there. "Aoto?".  Suddenly feeling a pressure on my head, I turned around to face Aoto ruffling my hair with a towel. "Aoto, thankyou" I said looking up at his bright blue eyes. I looked over at him as he got  out another towel from a near by drawer, drying his own hair. I watched as a drop of water travelled down his nose. He stepped back carrying another towel and started walking towards another door. "I'm going to change, I'll bring you something to wear as well." he answered as he opened the door.

As I sat down on a plain sofa, I started to feel strange. After all, I had only just met Aoto, and I was already in his house.  Sighing, I leant back into the sofa closing my eyes.

-Aoto's POV-

I walked into my bedroom closing the door behind me. As I started to change into a dry T-shirt, I couldn't help but think about this strange girl I had met.  She was just a stranger I had bumped into in the morning, and before I knew it,  she was suddenly sitting in my living-room sheltering from the rain.  Not that I minded. She was the first person that I didn't feel uncomfortable with, and seemed a very kind, honest person. I had spent the whole day with her showing her around the academy, and meeting with Ifrit. Snapping out of my thoughts,  I picked up my jumper and walked over to her.

She was sleeping soundly on my sofa. She looked so peaceful....actually quite cute. Calming down I walked over to her, having noticed she was shivering, and put my jumper over her as a blanket.  Leaning in to wrap the jumper around her shoulders, I noticed how a small drop of water rolled down her cheek. I reached out a hand to wipe it away. Realising that are faces were less then 2 inches away from each other I quickly turned away scared that she would awaken to see me blushing.

***

Leaning back on a wall, I looked out my window.  I watched as the sunlight grew brighter through the stormy clouds, and the rain slowly started to go away. Smiling to myself, I looked back at (y/n). 

'so (y/n), I guess you were right...... The rain really will fade away... and the sun will shine with warmth'

----------

Authors note, if you have any advice, I will be willing to hear it! I will be really happy to get some comments and feedback! ;) THANKS FOR READING!!! 

xx akane-chann

=^.^=