Chapter 14

----Aotos POV-----

I gasped as Ariton lunged at me again. "I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT YOU!" I yelled loudly, praying he would stop. But he didn't.  Another laugh escaped his lips. "You really don't understand anything do you? You never really showed how you felt to anyone...even me...YOUR OWN TWIN!" With that Ariton  striked me on my shoulder. I stumbled back in pain.

Coughing, I stood up slowly, the pain still jabbing me in my shoulder. "I..I didn't want to hurt y..you either...I didn't want you getting into trouble as well."  Ariton paused for a minute, before running at me full speed. "THATS IT?  You took the blame for everything I did...You told me on our birthday that everything  wasn't my fault...Do you think I don't feel anything!? DO YOU!?"

My vision got blurry....I started to feel dizzy....Ariton was suddenly running back at me...faintly I saw him draw his swords...he was getting to closer to me....this can't be it...

SLASH

All I saw was blood. But I didn't feel any pain...? Slowly, hesitantly, I opened up my eyes and to my horror I saw Undin laying wounded in my arms. "U..Undin!?" I whispered helplessly to her as tears formed in my eyes. "Aoto...I'm fine" I heard her whisper back faintly.  But Ariton was already running back at  me again. "Don't...GET IN MY WAY!"

I could feel my blood boil with anger. Hurting me was one thing, but dragging anyone else into this was unacceptable. "ARITON NO!" . Finally I got out my own adaptor, blasting him back with a sharp wall of water.

"Aoto!"

I looked around to see that  Akane and Midori had somehow appeared at my side.  "N..No..what happened to Undin!"  I looked behind me to identify the 3rd new voice. Ifrit ran up to us hugging Undin.  "Listen to me carefully, Aoto, go ahead with Midori and Akane, I'll take care of Undin." I watched Ifrit take Undin into her arms. I hadn't understood how either she, or Akane and Midori had appeared, but I knew one thing. I had to take care of Ariton, then go to the gate.

I scanned around to see were he was. Finally, my eyes rested at a small clearing 15 meters away from me, were Ariton was still getting up slowly. I could feel fear pulse through my veins as I realised  he was pretty beat up. I didn't mean to hurt him this bad only protect myself.... Patches of blood could be seen on his clothing, but he still held an evil smirk. He got up turning away from me.

 He walked a bit then stopped, not turning around. "Next time we meet...will be are last...". He turned away again, walking  towards a set of doors, his threatening laugh still ringing through my ears. Ariton...I never knew you felt this way...

*******

"Aoto...the gates open". Midori's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.  So it had all come to this. The moment of truth. Reaching the so-called mythical divine gates.

"I guess this is it then?" Akane mumbled looking up at the huge towering entrance.

The three of us turned around to look up at the gate,  the bright light on the other side shining down on us.

Yes this is it...the divine gate that will grant our wishes.....

-------------

Author's Note

Dear readers,  I'M SOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING ENOUGH! I was busy with other stuff, but I promise I will update regularly- and soon for all my other stories as well!!

I hope you liked this chapter, I felt the story needed a bit more action in it so yeh....

Anywayyyyys, any comments/ideas/likes???? 

 xx Akane-chann

  =^.^=