Chapter 16

"A..Aoto?"

It felt like time had stopped still itself.  His beautiful blue eyes gazing back into mine. He walked over to me crouching down to reach my eye level. I stared back, still jaw-struck.  "(Y/n),  I apologise if my my twins still bothering you, he can be a bit of a flirt." He chuckled softly, his gentle voice ringing in my ears.

I stared back at him, tears filling my ears. "A..Aoto whats happening! Help me!" I lunged into him, burying my head in his chest. The familiar scent of vanilla filled my nose. The familiar, comfortable chest that I could alway snuggle into...it was there. It was him. It was Aoto. Memories of us swarmed my brain. Us running together in the rain. Us kissing in his house. His gentle embrace after my fight with Ariton.  His touch... He was always warm and gentle.  

He was in my group with me, Akane and Midori. There was also a group with Yukari, Ginji and Hikari. It was all coming back to me...all the memories I had. 

So what was this then? What was going on now?

I buried my head deeper into his chest. This world was messed up. It was different from the memories I had. What happened before this....before I awoke in the sunlit forest....  "Aoto I'm so glad you remember me! Your here..." 

He suddenly stiffened. "Whats wrong?" I asked looking up at him. "N..nothing, sorry..."  He shuffled looking away. "You know, he's not stupid. I mean even if you guys did meet 2 weeks ago he will still remember you...." I looked back to see Ariton gazing up at me again. "EH? 2..2 WEEKS AGO?". Ariton chuckled walking up to me again. "Is there something wrong with you today, your acting really weird?" I huffed looking away. Whatever was going on, I could not deal with Ariton being part of the group, even if he was Aoto's twin. "If your not feeling well I could carry you home..."  I felt myself flinch as Ariton whispered slyly into my ear, his lips almost reaching my ear. "Ariton..." I growled shuffling away from him. "haha, your to cute when you act like that (y/n)..." He replied walking away.  My gaze averted back to Aoto, expecting him to look annoyed at Ariton, but he just stared ahead, emotionless.

"Aoto...you remember me right? We met in the rain...we kissed...you helped me...you promised you would never leave me... so you remember me...you have to remember me!" I whispered so only Aoto could hear. But I felt my chest tighten again when  I looked back up at Aoto. "I'm sorry (y/n)...I don't know what your talking about...."

I felt the world spin around me. Whatever has happened, I'm the only one that has remembered everything. I got up covering my eyes with my hood again. Hesitantly, I walked towards the door without saying a word. Just as I was about to open the door I heard a voice behind me.

"(y/n)? Are you s..sure your o...ok? " I could hear Midori's worried voice behind me, but I didn't want to turn around.  "I'm fine Midori. Sorry about your party and everything. I don't feel well now. Enjoy the evening without me." I replied, looking straight ahead, and with that, I left. 

********

I looked up at the big building. Being at the academy helped calm me down. 

I entered the building, not surprised that all the corridors were empty. It was late after all, and it was already dark outside. I turned the corner...ah the library! It felt like it had been ages since I was last here. I chuckled as I sat down at a seat looking round at all the books.

"Its (y/n) If I'm not mistaken?"

I almost fell of my chair at the sound of the voice. "Eh? Yes...W..Who is it?". I almost fell of my chair again as I realised there was someone sitting opposite from me. 

"Oz!!! " I felt happy to see the god, but I wondered if he would remember me....

Hesitantly, Oz got up  and leaned against a book shelf.  "(y/n), do you remember what the divine gate is?". I looked back up at him. "The ....divine....gate.....??? It sound familiar.....wait...THE DIVINE GATE! " I yelled out loudly to Oz as it finally occurred to me what he was going on about.

I suddenly felt something click in me. 

"The divine gate...Aoto Midori and Akane were heading towards the divine gate...they were going to decide on there wishes...but I never found out what happened next..." I trailed of looking in to the distance.

"But you did." Oz replied. I gazed at Oz, happy that he was the Oz I remembered.  "I don't understand...?" I answered.

"(y/n)....Midori and Akane decided against there wishes in the end. However, Aoto...Aoto still wanted to change things with Ariton. " He looked away almost regretfully.

"Your probably wondering whats going on now. This is simply the world that has been created to make Ariton and Aoto proper family. Whether he remembers who you are or not, depends on him. Memories have to be adjusted to fit this new world. I expect you  have remembered him because of your strong feeling towards him...."

Tears filled my eyes.  "So thats why Ariton is so friendly with everyone? And the groups have changed...? And Aoto has changed..."  I looked at up at Oz, who simply nodded.

"How come you remember this all?" I questioned. Oz chuckled glancing back at me. "Well, I am a god...Believe me,  its difficult for me as well...." 

I got up gripping my driver.

 "Hm?" Oz looked curiously in my direction.

"This isn't the end Oz. I won't give up. "  

I will make Aoto remember me....He promised never to leave me.

------------------

Authors note

Heyyyyy  guys, Im rlly sorry if this is complicated or hard to understand, just the story is taking a new turn- but I hope you enjoyed it :)

Sorry for late chapter release as well, will work on that heh heh ;) xxx

Any comments? Advice?

 xx Akane-chann

  =^.^=