Chapter 2

'Finally' you thought as you finished your first day at the academy. You spent most of the day with Aoto after the morning, just looking around the academy and testing out your driver.

You walked back home, annoyingly an hour after the academy closed as you had to talk to Ifrit. Rain dropped around you; you felt deserted as everyone ran indoors to take shelter. And then you saw him. A lonely figure leaning on a wall looking up at the sky. He looked familiar, so lost in thought...so beautiful, mysterious and yet...he looked so..sad?  You walked towards him to see who it was, realising it was the boy Aoto. Small droplets of water were falling off the tip of his blonde hair. You walked up close to him, wondering why he still hadn't gone home,when you suddenly noticed tears in his eyes, his head bent down. 

"Eh? Aoto what's wrong!" you said reaching out a hand to lift up his face till your eyes met. "(y/n)?...Ah..its...its nothing " replied Aoto in a quiet voice, clearly surprised you were in front of him. "Well I don't particularly want to catch a cold...so lets get some shelter", you smiled brightly looking up at him. You didn't usually trust people, but this boy was different. You felt comfortable around him. Aoto looked up into your eyes. "The rain will still keep falling. Shelter won't protect you forever. So whats the point of waiting for it to pass?" he said  while reaching out his hand, catching raindrops.

"Aoto...", you said looking up at his sad eyes.

You took hold of his hands holding them in yours and looked him straight in the eyes. "Because we will be warm! Because the cloads will eventually go away! So we will wait till it stops raining." you said, before tugging at his hand and running to your home.

********