Dares can Scare

"Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"What do you think your future will look like?"

"I'll be a singer. I'll probably do some photography on the side."

"No not career; your future. You know marriage, children, location."

"I- I don't ultimately know for sure. I assume -"

"No assumptions say what you dream your future to be like."

"I'd be married to Cam. We'd have a son who would look just like his father. Maybe a little girl and I'd teach Cam to braid." I chuckled. "With us as parents they'd probably be named something like Ashton and Ashlyn. " I laughed. "We'd live in Orange County and have a house just like the Cohen's. Maybe when the kids got a little older we'd get a puppy."

"See that's the kind of truth that's better than dares." Said Matthew who had picked me.

We'd been playing Truth or Dare for the past hour.

"Cameron Truth or Dare?" Asked Nash.
"Dare." "I dare you to ask your girlfriend to marry you." The room burst into laughter. Cameron glared at Nash.  The room got eerily silent. Nash put his hands up in surrender. "What's up I was kidding obviously." He declared before picking on Johnson instead. I got up slowly and headed into the kitchen where Cameron had gone. He was facing the counter with his head in his hands bent over leaving his elbows resting on the surface. He took a large breath before turning around. When he noticed my presence he stiffened. "Are you ok?" "Yeah he is just getting on my nerves. It's like everyone is going on like since we are adults now we should just go and get married. It's just getting to me you know it's like everyone is acting like they know what's best for us and want us to do what they say. I'm just here like its my relationship. You know what if I don't even want to get married or what if I don't want to have kids. Are they gonna try to guilt trip me into it? Are they gonna dare me to be a father just like they dared me to be a husband?" The whole time he spoke I watched as his chest would rise and fall. His breathing quickened when I didn't respond. There was only one immediate thought I had. It was of the words he said. 'what if I don't even want to get married or what if I don't even want to have kids' those were the words that's stuck out to be exact. "You don't want to get married or have kids?" I blurted. I quickly looked up realizing what I had just said. "To be honest-" I nodded. "I don't know if I do." The heart just dropped and I started breathing heavily. I cleared my throat and opened my mouth to speak but I closed it quickly because I realized I had no clue what I wanted to say. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Cameron gulp; his jaw clenched. He looked stiff and uncomfortable and all I wanted was to hug him and tell him I loved him. But that was it; how was I supposed to tell the person that didn't see any form of a future with me that I loved them. I obviously did see a future with Cameron and he obviously didn't see a future with me. I could feel the tears coming so I quickly stiffened and abruptly left the room refusing to let him see me cry. I rushed up to my room and walked in slowly before turning around to face the hall. He wasn't there, he didn't follow me, he wasn't on his way. "He doesn't want a future with you and maybe now that he knows you do; he no longer wants a 'now' with you." I whispered to myself. I slowly shut the door and as soon as I heard it click I fell to the ground sobbing.

__________
Guys I updated! I hope you like this chapter even though it's kind of a filler. Don't worry though I have a lot coming up and planned so start getting excited! Thank you guys so much for all your support and don't forget to comment and vote! Bye