TOGETHER AT LAST...? Chapter 28

{MAKE SURE TO READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!!!! TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!!}

After 2 days without Cameron I decided to text him back. I really did need time apart but as soon as I had it I realized I missed him a lot.

To Cam😘: Hey. I've had my time alone and now I know what I want. That's you. I realized I missed you more then I was mad at you and we can figure this out. We both deserve the chance to share where we are coming from. Can we meet? Today?

I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding in and immediately relaxed. However I tensed up again at the sight of the speech bubble.

From Cam😘: yeah. How about I come to Jacks place. Neutral territory. I agree and I already know I was in the wrong on a lot of the statement I made. I'll see you in 20?

To Cam😘: I was wrong too but we can discuss this in 20.

I stood up off the couch and walked into Jacks room. "Hey." I greeted the boy who was currently playing PlayStation in his room. "Is it ok if Cameron comes over? We decided to finally talk." "Yeah of course. Do you want me to leave for a bit or-" "No. If anything I want you here. You deserve an apology. From both of us really." "Really it's fine. Cameron was just upset and I get that. And you didn't do anything." "I practically took refuge in your house without even thinking about the fact that you and Johnson have a life and problems to deal with-" he cut me off. "You are always welcome and I'm not just speaking for myself I know for a fact that J and I will always welcome you." He smiled. I just gave him a soft smile. "Thank you." He nodded his head slightly. "Well I should probably get ready." "Uh yeah." Gilinsky coughed slightly before un pausing his game. I grabbed my bag and went into the bathroom. I changed into a tshirt and ripped shorts. I pulled two front pieces of my hair back and secured them with a Bobby pin or two. I put on a pair of thin fuzzy socks because they're so comfortable. I decided to just leave my face natural and curl my lashes and add a coat of mascara. "How do you use that thing?" I hear G. "The eye lash curler?" I ask. I see him nod his head in the reflection of the mirror. "Do you want me to show you?" I ask as I finish curling my other eye. He nods. "Ok lean forward slightly." He does so slightly. As soon as the curler is in front of his face he pulls back. "I meant show me on you not me." He says startled. I laugh. "I already finished mine though." "It doesn't hurt I promise." "Are you sure?" He ask hesitantly. "I pinkie promise." I giggle. As I close the curler on his lashes I see him tense. "Calm down Gilinsky." I laugh. He glares at me but only does it with one eye causing him to look ridiculous and I start busting up laughing. I finish curling one eye. He lets out a large breath he had been holding in. "See not that bad." I laugh. He glares at me. "Ok come here. I have to do the other eye." He nods and repositions himself how he was before. My arm hurt from holding it up so eye. I propped myself so that I was sitting on the counter and he stood in between my legs. I curled the other eye. "So what are your plans for today?" I asked as I internally counted. "I don't know yet. I was thinking about getting the hang together and heading to the mall." "That sounds cool." I respond honestly. "Yeah. If you and Cameron end up talking for awhile we could probably go tomorrow. Dani probably wouldn't want to go without you." I nod as I release his lashes. "All done I tell him." He nods. I hear a throat being cleared. We both turn towards the doorway where a slightly agitated Cameron stands leaning against the frame. "Hey your here." I smile trying to ease the obvious tension in the room. "Yeah I texted you but you didn't get it I guess so Johnson came and let me in." I can hear the slight sarcasm dripping with every word he says. "Yeah sorry I was showing Gilinsky here that it doesn't actually hurt to curl your lashes. Well unless you accidentally punch your lid but I wasn't gone tell him that until after." I laugh muttering an 'oops' as Gilinsky playfully glares at me. "Ok well um G, can Cameron and I talk in the den?" I ask. He clears his throat before moving so I can hop off the counter and mutters a "oh um yeah that's fine." And a "I'm just gonna go so uh I'll be in the office if you need something." He walks slides through the narrow doorway careful not to bump into Cameron. I jump down and lead Cameron into the den. "So." I begin as I sit in the recliner and he sits on the ottoman. "Look-" we both start at the same time. "You go ahead." He tells me. "No it's fine you can go." I smile smile. He clears his throat before beginning. "Um well- uh you know..." "What the heck I'm just gonna get it all out there and then you can respond accordingly! I messed up I really really did! But  I was just so angry with the guys for reasons that aren't even worth discussing and they were being jerks they were but I shouldn't have stormed off. I definitely shouldn't have taken it out on you though that's for sure. And I'm so sorry I was such a jerk to you and I'm so extremely sorry I made you doubt our relationship and everything I had ever said. I didn't mean a word of it though. Every single word I said was such utter crap! Of course I want a future with you I mean for gosh sake if you wanted to get married this minute I would as long as it meant you'd be mine. I'm sorry I was acting like such a jealous jerk when you were wearing Gilinskys sweatshirt but even the thought of you wearing another guys clothes irked me and the thought of him being able to protect you and maybe even care for you better than I ever could made me so angry and depressed you couldn't even start to understand. The thought of you picking him over me or there even being a chance you picking him over me could kill me at any given moment. I felt so threatened by the thought of you rather being with him over me and that is such an arrogant thing to say but it's the truth and I want to be one hundred percent honest with you," he catches him breath and I'm left speechless. "whether you like it or not I can't live without you." He whispers the last line. "Why-" I start over. "Whether you like it or not, I can't live without you either." My eyes are watering at this point and I feel a tear run down my cheek. But not before Cameron leans in grabbing my face in his hands as I stand up. He wipes away that one single tear before kissing my lips firmly. I don't know what exactly it was that made this time so different. Whether it was because we confessed such a big thing or because we missed each other I don't really know. I fee my salty tears brush across our lips as we kiss and I realize that no matter what I will always love Cam. We pulled away and he just stared at me. I stared right back and memorized every inch of his face. Was he doing the same? Probably. I laughed on the inside about how cheesy that thought was. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind and I was puzzled. "Cam?" I whispered as if not to ruin the moment. "Yeah." "Why did you get so upset with the guys?" He huffed. He pulled away from our embrace. He looked me up and down; normally that would make be self conscience but in that moment such a thought never crossed my mind. "Well this isn't how I wanted to tell you. It's actually the last way I'd ever think of telling you." I grew nervous. I trusted Cameron I did but people always can have stuff in their past and he was making me anxious. "I've been planning on doing this for awhile but I could never figure out how to do something so extreme."
_____
A/N WHAT DO YOU THINK IS HIS CONFESSION? COMMENT IT RIGHT NOW AND IF YOUR A CHEATER AND READ A HEAD DONT COMMENT HEHE < what even anyway BACK TO THE STORY!
_______

"I'm just gonna do it!" He sounded extremely nervous.

"Grace, I love you. Wait no scratch that," my smile faltered.

CAMERONS POV

"I'm in love with you! Your the you in us, your my other half, my partner in crime, my best friend, my girl, my love, my hand to hold, my princess, your my whole world! Without you I'm something and I don't want to risk being nothing!

Grace, will you do me the pleasure of marrying me?"

GRACE POV

Grace, will you do me the pleasure of marrying me?

I love Cam I do. Do I see a future? Of course I do! But do I see one starting so soon? I honestly don't know.

All I know is all of this started when we became

NEIGHBORS.

____________

{A/N DONT HATE ME! OMG GUYS THIS STORY IS FINISHED! I BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THIS TO BE THE LAST PART HUH? WELL DON'T WORRY BECAUSE THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL AND YOU'LL BE ABLE TO FIND OUT WHAT GRACE'S ANSWER IS! I WILL POST IN HERE AS SOON AS THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE SEQUEL IS POSTED! DON'T FRET THOUGH BECAUSE UNTIL THEN I WILL BE POSTING A NEW STORY VERY SOON SO LOOK OUT FOR THAT WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS! IT'S A JACK GILINSKY STORY! THANKS SO MUCH FOR 3k READS THAT IS JUST INCREDIBLE! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS READ SINCE THE BEGINNING AND TO THOSE WHO ARE JUST NOW STARTING TO READ IT! ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT HAS BEEN WHAT HAS BEEN KEEPING ME GOING! IF THIS CHAPTER CAN GET TO 15 VOTES I WILL POST A SNEAK PEEK OF THE SEQUEL! THIS IS PROBABLY THE LONGEST PART EVER! HAHA ANYWAYS Love you guys !}

3-22-16