Prologue

Prologue

             Let me begin by telling you that in my defense, I blame Chuck Norris for everything. And I mean everything.

            Seems a little far-fetched, doesn’t it? Well, let’s put it this way – if Chuck Norris wasn’t such a badass mother-lover, then he would not have been my ultimate role model. Then, perhaps maybe, just maybe, I would not be the person that I am today.

            Not that I hate how I turned out to be. On the contrary, I love who I am and I don’t think I mean that in a narcissistic way. We are who we are, after all.

            And speaking of “who,” let me introduce my good old self to all of you out there whether you’re interested or not. When I was born into this big bad world we live in, my parents, by some demented serendipitous revelation, decided to name me Maegerie Brooke Young. Where they got the name, Maegerie, I honestly have no idea and I would be lying if I told you I haven’t tried looking for it in every single name dictionary only to come up empty-handed. I don’t particularly dislike my name but since a lot of people are either curious about it or unable to pronounce it, I now go with the nickname, “Mage.”

            And yes, it kind of means “magician” and I don’t have an explanation why that’s my nickname. It just is.

            Anyway, you might already be wondering why I am writing about so much nonsense so far. Well, don’t think for a second that this is my fault. Believe it or not, I was forcibly required to write about all my escapades the past year as part of this anger management program I am currently attending at the moment. They told me that writing a journal is a good tool for self-reflection and life evaluation, which will aid in addressing all the issues with managing my anger. But I’m not really the kind that likes to write everyday so I never submitted a single daily entry.

            Thus, we face the current predicament. A year has passed and I am almost a graduate of this anger management program. The only problem is, they can’t let me go until I submit this final requirement. And so I decided to just make a novel about it and write it all in one go. Isn’t that so much more convenient?

            So if I remember this correctly, it all started with a crash. A very loud crash.