Chapter 021: An Unfriendly Termination

            The kiss that Tyrone and I had shared was a gentle one. The moment his lips collided with my own, I did not feel anything. There was no spark, which is probably why I did not show any resistance at all. It didn't mean anything to the both of us. 

            "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER!"

            Tyrone and i instantly broke apart upon hearing the furious and yelling voice of Byron. We saw him stomping his way towards with an almost disfigured expression on his face. If the situation had not been serious, I would have laughed. I might have smiled too had I not seen Sasha Hedley trailing close behind him. Seeing her face gave me the urge to push her into the deep lake. After what Tyrone had told me about what she had done, there was no way I was going to try to act any kindlier towards her. One wrong move, it would mean war.

            When Byron reached us, Tyrone slowly stood up with both his hands raised in submission. However, the playful smirk on his face was meant to mock his little brother even further. Byron launched at him with his fists raised and punched his older brother in the face. From the impact, Tyrone fell and splashed against the cold lake water.

            "Tyrone!"

            I immediately stood up and blocked Byron's path to prevent him from doing anything crazy. He glared at me and grabbed me by the wrist and began to drag me away. In retaliation, I pried my hand away and walked back to the edge of the wooden pavement.

            "Here," I told Tyrone, extending my hand to help him pull him out of the water. He reached for it and slowly, I struggled to pull him up.

            Once he was off the water, he mumbled, "Thanks."

            Deciding that Tyrone was out harm's way, I turned to where Byron stood and eyed him accusingly. But my furious gaze immediately faltered when I saw his own expression. He looked hurt as if I was the one who stabbed him in his heart. 

            "Her too?" Byron spat at his brother with a pained expression on his face. "You already took away Sasha from me once. Now, you're taking Mage from me, too?"

            "Byron!" I tried to stop him from throwing even more scarring words to his own brother. He had no idea what Tyron had to go through for both him and Sasha. If he knew, perhaps he wouldn't say anything crazy.

            Byron remained to ignore me and strode towards his brother. Before he got any closer, I blocked his path again. When he tried to press forward, I pushed him back.

            "Stop!" I yelled again.

            "Why are you defending him? If it was any other guy, you would have punched him in the face if he even tried to touch you," he fired back at me accusingly, gripping tightly on both my shoulders. 

            "Why would you let him kiss you?"

            "Because I wanted to -" I stopped myself before saying something I will never allow myself to speak out. 

            I wanted to know if he was right. I wanted to know if I really like you.

            However, Byron took the words for what they meant. Flabbergasted, his grip loosened and he repeated, "You wanted  to?"

            When I saw his face looked so devastated, I had the urge to engulf him in my embrace but I held back. I have hurt him but he hurt me too. It seemed fair.