Chapter 009: The Trial Period

            Whatever rumors you’ve heard about me that day, it was probably true.

            However, if you also heard about the story wherein I punched Vivian Rhodes in the boobs, your sources were obviously misinformed.

            So here’s the breaking news – I was now dating Sebastian Lawrence.

            Although we decided to call it a trial period of our dating relationship, it kind of felt a little official. We were finally a couple.

            Of course, the very first person that found out was Trina and my, she was so thrilled that all she managed to say was, “Finally, fuckers.” Sebastian and I had one-on-one conversations with her. From our long talk, I knew she sincerely meant both of us well.

            “He was always yours, Mage. Remember that.”

            It was Monday and I was half-excited and half-petrified about what the entire day had in store for me. I hitched a ride with Caleb and the twins despite the fact that Sebastian had insisted on picking me up from my home. I did not want to give my brothers any opportunity to meddle with my newfound love life.

            As soon as Aiden’s car pulled up at the parking lot, I jumped out of the car and headed for the school entrance. At the steps, I saw Sebastian leaning on the handrail.

            The moment he saw me, he grinned so wide that for a moment, I remembered his five-year old toothless self the first time we had met. He came towards me as I walked to the entrance. Face to face, I was about to greet him hello when he just crashed his lips onto mine.

            Sebastian Lawrence was kissing me. In public.

            I was partially aware that every student in the area stared at us during this intimate moment but for some reason, I didn’t seem to mind. The kiss was sort of… distracting.

            “What the hell are you doing with our baby sister?”

            Despite the similar modulation of voice of the twins, I was eighty-five percent certain that was Aiden.

            Automatically, Seb and I jumped a meter apart from each other as if nothing had happened. I fidgeted and tried to look at anywhere except at my brothers. It seemed Seb was a tad bit braver than I was, only coughing lightly despite his reddening cheeks.

            “Hi, Aiden.” He nodded at Aiden then turned to Evan and then Caleb. “Evan. Caleb.  What have you guys been up to lately?”

            “We should ask you the same question,” Evan answered, crossing his arms. “It seems you’ve been busy finding your way into our little sister’s pants.”

            “And succeeded,” Caleb added, folding his arms as well.

            “Boys…” I warned them, trying to sound threatening but my brothers ignored me.

            “Come on, guys. It’s not what you think,” Seb tried to wave off the issue, taking a step forward. But my taller brothers towered over him, refusing to back down.

            “We just saw you kissing Maegerie. Are you trying to seduce her?” Aiden pressed on.

            “No.”