Chapter 017: A Romantic Getaway

            "This is a bad idea."

            Trinity used both of her hands to slam my luggage shut in a frail attempt to dissuade me from taking the flight to England. I frowned at her and lightly shoved her aside so that I could continue on with packing some of my things for the trip. 

            As I folded some of my clothes, I told her, "Your objection is noted. Now, help me pack."

            "Maegerie Brooke Young!" She yelled at me like a nagging mother. "You will not run off to England with some guy you just met a few months ago!"

            "I'm not running off with Byron," I replied as my patience wore thing. I realized how pointless it was for me to fold the clothes I will be unfolding anyway once I unpack them in England. Shoving all the clothes inside my luggage, I added, "I need to get away for a little while. It just happened that Byron can provide free lodging while I'm there."

            "That's what hotels are for, sweetie," Trinity retorted. "You can rent a room or a penthouse. Heck, with your inheritance, you can even buy a decent three-star hotel."

            Initially, I tried to ignore her snarky remarks and focused in collecting some of my essentials and toiletries. Perhaps frustrated that her message was not getting through my head, she snatched away my favorite perfume from my grasp. I reached out and tried to steal it back but with Trinity's superior height and four-inch heels, it was much harder than I thought.

            Frustrated, I made a grumbling noise. I sat on the bed, right next to the luggage. Trina did the same and finally handed over the perfume, fulfilling its purpose. 

            "Why are you so against Byron?" I confronted her.

            Sighing, my best friend confessed, "I was against him but only because I thought he complicated your relationship with Sebastian. But in the end, Sebastian was the one who complicated everything. Byron's a good guy."

            "Then why are you so worried about him?" I pressed further, desperate for clear answers.

            "I'm not worried because of him," she answered bluntly. "I'm worried because of you."

            "Why?"

            Trina stood up and glanced around my vanity corner. She picked up one of my black watch cases and threw it at me. Unsure of why she did it, I eyed her quizzically.

            "Do you remember the story of Pandora's box?" Trina opened up with a question. 

            "Yeah, I remember," I replied, scrunching up my nose. "Zeus had a daughter named Pandora and he gave her this box while he gave the key to her husband. He told them never to open the box but of course, Pandora did. Then it brought all the evil out into the world."

            "That's right," Trina said, smiling ruefully. "They didn't think opening the box was such a big deal but they didn't know that there were dire consequences in doing so."

Romancing the Demon Ladyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें