Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I was in complete shock.

"Um my name's Skylar. Thank you for saving me."

"No problem. Grayson can be a jerk sometimes." Oh really? Thanks for telling me.

Cameron had light brown hair and brown eyes. He seemed really cute and nice.

"Want some company?" He asked with a smile.

"Really Cam? You want to hang out with this girl. At least pick someone pretty and cool." Grayson said as he got up.

"Leave her alone. She is pretty." Cameron said to defend me. But he didn't have to lie and say I was pretty. I know I'm not.

I thanked him anyway. It was the first compliment I'd received in a long time.

Grayson left. I guess we were boring him and his ego. I hate him. I know I kinda just met him but still, he's still a douche.

"Skylar's a pretty name," Cameron added. Was he seriously trying to flirt with me?

"Thank you. I don't really like it though."

"Why not? It's cute."

"It was my mom's name, and her mom's name, and her mom's name. It just reminds me of them."

"And why's that a bad thing?"

"Because I miss them."

"Where are they?"

"In Heaven I think."

"Oh." His smile faded away. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

"It's alright." It honestly was alright, but I was still sad. Tears began to fall down face.

"Hey, don't cry. How about I take you somewhere?"

This stranger just asked me to go with him somewhere. I would normally say no, but I kind of trust Cameron. If he wanted me to be hurt, he would've let Grayson beat me up.

"Sure, thanks. But I literally don't have any real clothes."

"It's okay. You can wear my sister's clothes." Cameron said as he smiled.

"Thank you Cameron, but you really don't have to."

"I want to. Plus my house is legit only one block away. Alright?"

"Alright."

"Maybe alright will be our always." Cameron exclaimed with a laugh. I didn't get the joke though.

"You've seen The Fault In Our Stars right?" He asked.

"What's that?"

"It's a movie. We'll watch it if you want."

"Okay." I said with a smile.

"By the way, you can call me Cam. All my friends call me Cam."

We started to walk towards Cameron's house. My legs were aching but I didn't want to complain. I really liked Cameron and didn't want to ruin this moment by saying "Never mind. My legs hurts, bye." So I just kept walking.