Chapter 15

Grayson's POV

I bring Skylar a wide, light blue blanket. I carefully lay it on top of her, then kneel down to her face. "Good night," I whisper to her gently. I decide to then go up to my room and just think about everything.

I lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling. How do I really feel about Skylar? I don't entirely know. It's just this whole day I couldn't take my mind of her. She's so sweet and funny and adorable and she doesn't know it. Okay, I like her. How could you not? Cameron is an idiot for breaking her heart. And Ethan is just... He likes her too. You can tell. But I don't want to share her with him. I've shared everything with him my whole life. And I'm fine with that, it's just I want one thing for myself. I want Skylar. I know we just met and everything, but I know I'm going to feel this way about her a long time. She can trust me, and I trust her. I've told her a lot of my secrets, and she's told me a lot of hers. Like how her dad left her family when she was three years old. I know that her mom died in a car crash when she was 15. I know she loves rock bands and comedy movies and cats. She used to have one named Mittens, but he died of sickness. There's so much to know about Skylar and that could never bore me. If Ethan wasn't in the way, I would probably ask her to be my girlfriend. But I don't think she'd even say yes. She probably still likes Ethan. I don't think I even have a chance with her at this point. I'll just let her live with me for a while and see how everything goes.

A few minutes later, I go downstairs to check on her. She is completely knocked out. I go over and sit next to her. I look at her for a while until my phone suddenly beeps. It was my mom. She texted me saying she wants to take Ethan and I out for dinner this weekend. I haven't seen her in a while so I respond "Awesome, I can't wait." I then place my phone back in my pocket. It's getting kinda late, so I try to go to sleep. I would go up to my room, but I want to stay here with Skylar. I press the button to the recliner, and the couch slowly pushes out the footrest. I then lie down beside Skylar and doze off to sleep.