Chapter 19

Ethan's POV

I drive through town, trying to take my mind of off everything. I don't know if I'm really mad, or depressed. It's a combination of both I guess... I don't want to think about this anymore. I stare at the window, looking for a place to go. I feel like I've been driving in circles for hours, so I just stop at Starbucks for some coffee.

I go up to order a Cold Brew Coffee, but end up laying my eyes on the beautiful girl behind the counter. She has long, straight blonde hair and striking blue eyes. She looks familiar, but I can't really remember.

"Hey, what can I get you?" She says smiling. My brain can't form any actual words. Everything I'd say would sound completely stupid, so I just stare at her. "Excuse me?"

"Oh sorry. You're just really pretty," I spit out. Why did I say that? I came here for coffee, not girls. What am I doing to myself?

"Thanks. My names Brooklyn," she says. I shake her soft hand without breaking eye contact.

"I'm Ethan." I can't stop staring at her. She's perfect.

"So do you actually want coffee? Because my shift is over anyways."

"Not really." I do want coffee, what am I saying?

Brooklyn walks from behind the corner. She has every single guy in the room staring at her. She has the perfect face, perfect name, perfect body, perfect everything. She finally reaches me and comes up close.

"I want to get to know you." She says with a cute little smirk.

"Right back at you," I respond. I'm so corny, this is embarrassing. Brooklyn leads me out, and everyone's watching us.

"Which one is your car?" I point to my white BMW, and she nods in approval. "It's nice."

"Thanks." We head over to it and I let her in. "Where do you you want to go?"

"Anywhere you want," she says. I know exactly where to take her.