Chapter 9

I jump up from the bed right before Cameron opens the door. I don't know how I really feel about him right now. I mean I like him, but not in the way I guess I did before. Everything is just happening so fast and I want to slow down.

"Hi Skylar," Cameron says to me.

I awkwardly say hi back. I feel really uncomfortable speaking to him after what happened.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Cameron asks me.

"Sure," I respond. He escorts me out the door and we walk downstairs to his kitchen.

"So what happened last night?" Cameron asked. That was the last question I wanted to answer.

"Oh my stomach started to hurt. I tried staying a little longer, but I couldn't. Sorry." I lied.

"Are you sure? I mean what could've possibly hurt your stomach?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, when was the last time you ate something?" He asked.

"I don't know Cameron. A couple weeks ago I guess. Believe it or not, but not all of us can afford a perfect house and have a perfect family and perfect friends and a perfect life."

"I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I'm sorry."

"You don't know what this is like. You have everything anyone could ever want. I've been have to sleep on the streets while you've been sleeping on a perfectly made bed."

"I said I was sorry. Why do you still want me to feel bad for you? I kind of let you stay over night. And I took you to a diner."

"A diner where you made out with your girlfriend. And you wonder why my stomach was hurting."

Cameron's jaw dropped and his eyes widened.

"Don't you know how much it hurt me to see you go kiss her like that? I actually thought you cared about me. I thought you would actually help." My eyes began to fill with tears. "But the only thing you've been doing is kissing Jessica."

"So you were stalking me?"

After he says that, I just lose it. I can't believe this moron. I just get so angry and push him. He almost pushes me back, but then he stops and turns around in frustration.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? I SHOULD'VE LET GRAYSON BEAT YOU UP," Cameron yells so loud in my face that my ears ring a little bit.

I suddenly hear footsteps run down the stairs.

"Guys! Stop it!" Ethan yells at us. Cameron just walks away angrily, which leaves me and Ethan in the kitchen alone.

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

"I guess I am now. I'm just so mad at Cameron. He doesn't realize how much it got to me when he kissed Jessica."

"He kissed Jessica?"

"Yeah. When we were at the diner. That's why I came home so early. I just had to stop and think. It's also how I ended up in your room. Sorry about that, by the way." I say and just blush. I really don't want to, but I can't help it.

"There's no reason to apologize."

I smile as I say "excuse me, I'll be right back." I go outside to get some fresh air and clear my mind.

Hope you enjoy the long chapter lol
-Danielle❤️