Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Ethan's POV

I am so angry. The dinner with Gray and my mom is today. I don't want to go at all, but I know I have to. I'm just for so many different reasons. He didn't tell me that he was dating Brooklyn, who I completely forgot about until yesterday. He also completely stole Skylar from me. I really liked her, and I thought she liked me back until she started dating Grayson without even telling me.

Grayson, my mom, and I meet up a restaurant in downtown New York City. I'm the first one to arrive, so I wait at the table alone. I check my phone and see Brooklyn texted me.

Brooklyn: I miss you❤️

Me: You too babe. I'll text you later, okay?

She read it, but didn't respond. I put my phone back in my pocket and look up. The restaurant is completely packed and I'm just here bored, hungry, and alone. The TV is playing a basketball game, so I being to stare at that.

"Damn Daniel!" Grayson exclaims as he walks to the table. He sits down across from me and laughs at himself.

"So you dated Brooklyn?" I ask him. I don't want to start more drama, but I have to know.

"It was a long time ago. I would've told you, but we didn't really have a good relationship. I thought it was pointless. But I'm sorry Ethan, I should've told you," Grayson explains.

I begin to say something, but then our mom comes. I stand up and give her a huge hug, then Grayson does the same thing. I haven't seen my mom in forever, and I've missed her so much.

Skylar's POV

Grayson left about 10 minutes ago to go to dinner with Ethan and his mom. I wonder around the large apartment looking and touching everything. He has so many things placed every where, like trophies and certificates and many pictures. I pick up a framed photo of him, Ethan, and Cameron. They all look so happy, and now they kind of hate each other. And it's completely my fault.

I go into Grayson's room and find a notebook-like object on the dresser. I walk over to it, and notice that it's his journal. I don't want to pry, but I wonder what he has written in it. I flip open to a random page that reads "She's so stupid. I absolutely hate everything about her. I hate how she always starts..." I'm interrupted when I hear a knock at the door. I go downstairs to see who it is.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Cameron asks as I let him inside. I'm kind of happy to see him.

"Yeah, come in," I respond. We sit on the living room couch.

"So, how's your day been?" Cameron asks.

"Really boring and lonely," I respond.

"I can change that," he says smiling. We talk and laugh and I act like I'm fine, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking about that journal. Why would Grayson say that about me? What did I do to him? And why does he think I'm stupid? I want to confront him about it when he comes home, but I feel that I shouldn't. I don't want to start another fight with someone. I really wish I could erase that journal from my brain.