Chapter 25

I step out of the car and stand beside the man. There's no way he's my dad, right? This is so embarrassing and awkward.

"You're my dad?" I ask him. I've never been more confused in my life.

"Yes, and you're coming with me baby," he replies grabbing my wrist. His face is mean and covered in wrinkles. I don't want to call this man my dad.

"You're not taking my girlfriend anywhere!"  Grayson exclaims angrily as he exits his car. He walks towards me. "You don't even know her like I do," he adds looking my father in the eye.

"I don't know her? Skylar Olivia James was born March 10, 1998 in Manhattan, New York. She was premature, her due date was March 28. She's allergic to grapes, and I found that out when her mother gave her one when she was 6. She was going to have a little brother, but her mom had a miscarriage when Skylar was 7. But I know nothing about her, right?" he shot back. What he said was right, all of it. He was my dad.

"Okay, but you're not taking her," Grayson says before grabbing me. I lean on Grayson right before my dad punches him deep in the chest. Grayson falls to his back. He's knocked out.

I try to scream, but my dad covers my mouth with his cold hand. I'm trying to move forward, but he holds me back in his arms tightly. I look at Grayson and start crying. How could this happen? Everything was so perfect.

My dad opens the door to the backseat of his filthy car. He tosses me in as I scream for my life. My body is shaking and my head aches. What's happening? This is all to much. Less than an hour ago I was with Grayson, and telling him that I love him. Look where I am now. I tuck my head in the seat and cry. There's nothing I can do. There are no windows, and the door's completely locked. All I see is darkness. He drives us off somewhere. I yell and scream and cry and kick my legs out of fear. I can hear him silently laugh. I lie down against the hard seat, staring at the top of the car. I bawl like a little kid who just broke their favorite toy. I feel my whole world crashing down. My boyfriend just fought with my dad, and now he's driving me to a random place where I'll probably die. All good things must come to an end. This is the end. I want to turn back time to yesterday. It just me and Grayson, and I would haven't any other way. He made me feel so happy and special and loved and important. But that's all over now. I'll probably never see him again. I'm trapped with a nightmare. This makes me wish I was still homeless, alone out there on the streets. I want my life to end. But then I remember Grayson. 'Don't do it.' More and tears endlessly run down my face. Help.