Chapter 21

Cameron's POV

I hear a knock on the door, and jump up to see if it's Skylar. I open the door and find Ethan along with an okay looking girl. Ethan walks past me with his girl. 

"Alright that's okay. Anyway, how's your day been?" I ask to break the silence.

"My day was fine until I ran into my ex. My name's Brooklyn by the way." The girl says. She gives off an odd vibe, but that doesn't really matter I guess.

"I'm Cameron, it's nice to meet you." She says nothing back, and I just stand awkwardly. Why were they in my house? I mean technically Ethan lives here or whatever, but still, it's weird.

"Can we be alone Cam?" Ethan says in a commanding voice.

I'm being told what to do in my own house? Why doesn't he go to his room and do something? I shouldn't have to leave, but I don't feel like fighting with Ethan again. I go up to my room and sit on my bed.

Skylar's POV

Grayson and I stayed at the amusement park for about another 2 hours. We played arcade games, got on roller coasters, competed on the race track and I won (but he says he "let me win"), and we got pizza with lemonade. Then he took me out to see "Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 2." After that, we went to an Italian restaurant and we rambled on about things that no one else could understand. I felt so comfortable and safe talking to him about really personal things. Unlike many other people, he actually listened and cared about what I said. The day started out terrible, but Grayson made everything one million times better.

When we returned to his apartment, we sat on the couch and Grayson put on football. I didn't understand anything that was happening, so he explained everything slowly. But it still didn't make sense. I just play with the bear he won me, and he giggles.

"Whoever said that nobody's perfect clearly has never met you. I know that sounds corny, but it's true," he tells me smiling.

I try hard not to blush, but I can't help it. Grayson makes me feel like the most loved person in the world. I think back to when I had nothing and no one. I remember being alone and starving on the cold hard streets. Now I'm in a nice apartment with a guy who's unbelievably sweet. I'm so lucky to have him and all of this. To any other person this may not seem big, but me to me, it's everything.

"Thank you so much Grayson. Not just for this, but for everything you've given me. I owe you the world."

"The only thing you owe me is a kiss," he replies before slowly placing his lips onto mine. He places his arms around me, and I never want to let him go.