Chapter 12

I just put my head down on the table and cry. Ethan has every right to be mad at me. He was right. I mean, I didn't cheat on him. We weren't even dating. But the way it looked was horrible. I told him I'd be right back, and then I end up in a diner with Grayson. Everything is just messed up.

"It's gonna be alright," Grayson whispers to me.

I look up at him. "No it's not. I ruined everything with everyone. Cameron hates me and now Ethan does too."

"They don't hate you. They're just mad at you right now. But they'll get over it though. I did," he says with a laugh.

"Thanks but it's still not okay. I really liked Ethan. Now everything we had is over."

"I'm sorry. This is my fault. If I wouldn't have brought you here, none of this would've happened," Grayson says. But I don't want him to take the blame for this.

"No it's my fault. I shouldn't have told Ethan that I'd be right back. He was probably scared and worried, and I was at a diner with you."

"Scoot over."

I move over, closer to the wall. Grayson stands up and slides into my booth right next to me.

"Listen, I don't want you to stress over my brother. Ethan gets mad over the tiniest stuff, but he gets over it. And when he finds someone he likes, he sticks with them. You're really special to him. And me," he adds staring me in the eye.

"I thought I was a nobody Grayson," I say and he just laughs.

"I was just playing when I said that. I didn't mean any of that stuff Sky."

"You never told me the story!" I remember.

"Oh yeah. Okay I'll tell you now."

"Here's your food. I hope you enjoy!" Our waitress says. Grayson ordered us waffles with eggs. I still haven't eaten forever, so I wanted to have a bite, or 20.

"I'll tell you after we eat," Grayson mentions with a smirk.

"Grayson!" He starts laughing and so I do too. I guess he's not so bad. Okay he's great.

I start eating, well more like demolishing my food.

"You've barely touched your food. Guess you don't like it?" Grayson says.

"I like it more than you," I joke.

"Hey! I was being nice to you!"

"Whatever," I say with a laugh. "You live with Ethan and Cameron right?"

"No, but I have an apartment on the same street. I mean Ethan and I have an apartment. He has a room at Cam's house too though."

"I wish I had my own apartment."

"Yeah it's cool. But it gets kinda lonely sometimes when Eth is at Cam's house. That's why I wanted to... Never mind."

"What?"

"It's related to the story. And we're still eating."

"You were supposed to tell me the story an hour ago."

"After we eat. I promise, but for real this time. Okay?"

"I guess."

Grayson stares at me for a second and just smiles. Then he goes back to eating.