Chapter Twenty

A.N. Make sure that you comment and vote :)

    It took a great amount of time, energy and effort to sew and stitch me into the gown on the morning of my husband’s coronation. He’d gone to get ready some place else, I wasn’t that concerned. I was just as much on show as he was. The sleeves were red with a gold pattern stitched into it, as was the rest of the dress, white frills ending just over my elbows and a deep rectangular neckline that showed off my cleavage to its best advantage. The corset was pulled tightly and when I moved the diamonds and crystals sewn through the threads glimmered, boasting how I was drenched in wealth and riches. My necklace was heavy and the gems sat in the hollow of my throat. One maid worked on my makeup while another clipped heavy earrings onto my ears, another was spraying me in perfume and a final one was sorting my wig out. Everything had to be just right.

    When I was done and ready I got to my feet, it was a fine art to have to balance under the somewhat precarious weight of my exterior yet I managed to sail gracefully passed courtiers heading down to my awaiting carriage. Philip was dressed up to look just as exquisite and dazzling in his glimmering wealth and beauty, turning to face me he bowed deeply. I practically dipped to my knees as I returned with a curtsy resting my jeweled hand in the crook of his outstretched arm. “You look beautiful.” He complimented as we walked beside one another.

    “As do you,” I smiled, squeezing his arm lovingly. This time the crowds waiting outside were jostling for a new view of their very soon to be King. It was loud, so unbelievably loud but there was an excited buzz zooming about, everyone was happy, full of anticipation and adoration for their monarch. Philip took my hand in his and looking at me the whole while he brought it to meet his lips, kissing it almost blushingly passionately. “You will be a brilliant King, My Lord.” I cleared my voice as it had caught in my throat.

    His mouth tilted to the side, “exciting.” When the carriage pulled up once again outside of the Cathedral there was a velvet carpet already laid out for Philip to walk down. The crowds were literally going wild, screaming and demanding his presence and attention. Wanting him to know their desperate adoration they held for him. How much they loved him. I was to exit first, the crowd cheered for me too, throwing flowers my way and I smiled prettily, waving politely while my husband descended to an even louder, even bigger roar of gratitude. It was pretty indescribable. Everyone felt elation and excitement and the grin split from one ear to the other on Philip’s face, his youthful excitement bursting through. He waved vigorously blowing kisses, the public lapped it up, stomping their feet, cheering, some even singing traditional French songs. He came and stood shoulder to shoulder with me, lacing his fingers through my own which made people that saw it go crazy wild. It was so surreal!

    We were told to go inside but Philip sort of circled around the carriage, turning a blind eye to his summons, ascertaining to spend some time appreciating and loving his public. “Speak!” Someone yelled. A small section began chanting “speak!” and Philip turned to look at me as if asking for approval. I gave him a look that said ‘go ahead’.

    “My public, my loyal subjects,” he yelled, only a few if any would be able to hear him. “Thank you thank you!” He was tapped on the shoulder and summoned again. He pulled a face. “We will celebrate together afterwards!” He joked, winked at the crowd which nearly sent them stampeding towards him then led me onto the carpet. I squeezed his hand and whispered “good luck” to him before letting go taking my place firmly behind him. There was a throne to the side of the Cathedral with plush red cushions already set aside for me to watch everything in. His Queen. I went and sat down, my skirts spilling out beautifully around me as he went and stood at the front. There was an artist somewhere in the room, painting everything in its astounding, breath taking beauty.