Chapter XI; The Intruders

Yuki sighed staring out the window of the common room. She had woken up early and decided to head down and wait for her mission rather than stay in her room and do nothing. She wasn't expecting anyone else to be awake, so it was a shock hearing voices in the hall. She looked over her shoulder as she listened, she didn't recognize the voices. That probably meant they were Nobodies. But she didn't hear Axel's voice, she couldn't even make out what the voices were saying. The footsteps accompanying the voices drew closer. Yuki thought about hiding but decided against it. She lived in this castle, she shouldn't be worried about being seen. It's not like she was breaking any rules being up this early.

As the footsteps drew closer Yuki began to be able to make out the voices. One was female the other male. Yuki looked back out the window trying to focus on the voices.

"To be honest I didn't think he had it in him. Only a little more time and the organization will be ours." The female voice said. Larxene. No doubt in Yuki's mind, that was the blonde Nobody.

"Having Axel on our side will be of great use to us." The male voice agreed. Yuki hadn't heard this one before. The voice was calm and soothing. It sounded very comforting, like the voice a leader would use when addressing their people.

"What about the other one? The one downstairs that took out Lexeaus." Larxene asked.

"He is of no importance. After we control the key-bearer we will use him to dispose of the extra, if his own darkness does not defeat him first." The male responded calmly.

His words confused Yuki. The key-bearer? Did that mean one of them had a keyblade like her? Why were they going to use him? And what had Axel done? All these thoughts rushed through Yuki's mind as he footsteps drew ever closer. She hoped they would walk past the room.

"What about the Heartless? Do you plan to instill a rebellion amongst them too?" Larxene asked.

"Maybe. If they too are being lied to, then it would be our duty, though Tayressa may no longer welcome us for causing strife among her people." The male voice said. The footsteps stopped right outside of the door. Yuki bit her bottom lip waiting to see if they would continue on or enter the room.

"I don't think we should tell them anything. After all, it's not our problem if they ever get a heart or not." Larxene said. Her tone indicated she thought herself to be superior to the heartless.

"You forget our relations to them from long ago. Were you and Zakey not best friends? And wasn't Aryum your cousin or something of the sort?" The male's voice asked. They made no sign of intending to move forward.

"Yes, Zakey was my friend. And I used to watch Aryum, we weren't related." Larxene agreed.

"What is the point of being whole if we do not have our old friends to share it with? Surely you would want your friends back, Elrena." The male said. Yuki furrowed her eyebrows. Wasn't her name Larxene? Was there another girl who sounded like Larxene there too? A twin?

"I guess you're right Marluxia. I think I would want my friends." Larxene/Elrena said.

Yuki heard a chuckle and the sound of the doorknob turning. Apparently, they were coming in here. Yuki held her breath hoping they wouldn't say anything to her. She heard the door open. She closed her eyes waiting for anything, questions, yelling, anything like that.

No sound came. Only silence, not the questions she had been waiting for. Yuki glanced over her shoulder. Larxene stood there, no way to mistaken her bug like hairstyle. Next to her was a man with light pink hair that came to his shoulders. His eyes were a light blue. He was studying Yuki interested.

"Well, this is a surprise." The pink haired man, that could easily be mistaken for a woman if you weren't looking closely, said. Y had mentioned the leader of the group looked like a girl. This must be him. Marluxia, that's what Larxene had called him, Y had said that was his name too.