Chapter XII; Stolen

Many days passed since Yuki's meeting with Marluxia. The key-bearer had not progressed much farther in the days following, apparently caught by the memories kept on a floor. But it didn't last long. He advanced and killed Marluxia as well as Larxene and Axel within a week. Afterward, he vanished. The only Nobody left was Zexion who was still dealing with the second intruder on the lower levels.

Yuki sat in the common room on a couch counting her potions. She had to always be sure to bring enough on a mission or she was sure to receive an ear full from Zaya when she woke up in the infirmary.

"Yo, brat, are you ready yet?" Yuki jumped at the voice. Another reason for her delay. Syrine, number three.

In Yuki's short time in the organization, she had heard a lot about all the members. Syrine did not have a good reputation going for her. She was known for being violent and cruel to an extreme. It worried Yuki to be paired up with her. It could go badly for Yuki if Syrine got angered.

"Just a second," Yuki said quietly, packing the potions away. She was careful not to look at Syrine.

"Man, you take forever. Everyone else will be done by the time we leave." Syrine complained. Yuki ignored her as she finished packing the small bag she kept on her hip. She stood afterward and looked at Syrine expectantly.

"Ready," Yuki said causing Syrine to jump a little. She glared at Yuki before smirking.

"Let's get a move on then. Hollow Bastion waits for no one." Syrine said with a vicious glint in her eyes. Something about this bothered Yuki. She had a feeling this was not going to end well.

Hollow Bastion was a recovering world. It, like many others, had been swallowed by darkness. It also had recently had a battle of some kind take place in its castle. The town looked dull and sad. Probably due to its time in the darkness. There weren't many people around which would be good for the mission. The Heartless were never supposed to be seen. There were an unfortunate amount of twist and turns that made the place seem like one big maze. But all the same, it held an air like it had once been a grand place and with a little bit of work it could return to such a place. Even though it seemed dark there was a certain light to it. A light that was hidden in the dark.

Yuki looked around taking in the city while Syrine stood by watching silently. She had heard Yuki had a tendency to faint in places that triggered memories. Maybe this place was included.

Once it became clear Yuki was not going to faint. Syrine sighed and stepped forward.

"Alright kid, we've got a mission to complete." Syrine said sounding very annoyed. Her sapphire colored eyes narrowed at Yuki. Yuki turned and looked at her.

"What are our goals?" Yuki asked. Her head tilted slightly, curiosity shining in her eyes.

"A rather large Heartless is in town. Figured we should take it down before it caused too much trouble." Syrine answered placing a hand on her hip. "Think you can handle it, brat?"

"Depends on what kind of Heartless it is." Yuki replied honestly. Syrine smirked at her.

"Lucky for you, we don't know. We just know it's here." Syrine said walking a few steps ahead before glancing over her shoulder. "Better keep up."

Yuki sighed heavily and followed Syrine reluctantly. If they could control Heartless how did they not know what type of Heartless this was? Obviously, they needed to get a better hold on the little ones. At least the boss level Heartless, as they were called. But Yuki couldn't complain. At least not to the more elites faces. That could very possibly get her killed. Respect was a requirement in the organization. One misstep and you were done for.