Chapter XXI; Vacation

Yuki yawned as she entered the common room. She rubbed her eyes as she scanned the room. She was surprised to see she was the only one in the room. Her eyes blinked a few times as she tried to register what was going on. Was there a meeting she had forgotten about? A chuckle from behind her made her glance over her shoulder.

"I must have just missed you." X said casually as he leaned up against the door frame. "As I was just informing Y, we have a vacation today." He continued. Yuki tipped her head to the side confused.

"Vacation? What's that?" She asked. X sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"It's a day we can do whatever we want. We don't have to work." He explained. He sounded exasperated as if he was really getting tired of explaining everything. He might have been for all Yuki knew.

"Oh," Yuki said. "So, what are you going to do?" She asked. X shrugged.

"Who knows." He said walking away. Yuki rolled her eyes after he left.

"Way to be mysterious X." She muttered before leaving the common room. Where to go to for her vacation?

*<3*

X sat on a cliff like he had before. He was closer to the armor than he was the last time though. He figured it was a bigger risk but one worth taking. The barren landscape around him was all too familiar. All too much like home.

X sighed smiling softly to himself as he looked at the armor. He used to laugh at Terra for wearing it every time he traveled the lanes between worlds. Terra had been good-natured about it, agreeing that it did look rather ridiculous. He was a little jealous of X who didn't need any sort of protection, but he always refused X's offer of teaching him other ways to travel between worlds. Master Eraqus had done a great job teaching Terra to shun the darkness. Maybe too good of a job.

"Hey, X." The brown haired keyblade wielder said catching the other boys attention. X looked up at him in question. He motioned with his hand for Terra to continue. "Do you ever regret accepting the darkness?" Terra asked. X looked away. In his mind, he scoffed. Terra was so foolish to believe his every word. But he couldn't let Terra in on his lie.

"I guess sometimes," X said softly. Terra tipped his head to the side.

"Only sometimes?" He asked. X shrugged walking a little ways away. He stopped and looked up to the sky, his hands in his pockets.

"Even though I miss having a heart, and everything that came with it. I'll admit being a Heartless has its advantages at times. The darkness can do some pretty cool stuff." X said looking over at Terra. Terra was frowning trying to piece together everything he could. But with his knowledge, it just wasn't possible.

"But the darkness is dangerous." Terra said. He looked at X curious to hear his reply. It was something he thought to be true no matter what. How could X deny the truth?

"No more dangerous than the light." X said with a shrug. Terra frowned at him.

"But the light isn't dangerous. It only helps others." Terra insisted stepping towards X. X just sighed and shook his head. Eraqus had really brainwashed his students. They were all turning out as bad as him. But maybe Terra's mind could be changed.

"Anything can be dangerous if used the wrong way. Light is what started the ancient keyblade war, darkness was just a by-product." X explained glancing at Terra. "Not to mention light created darkness in the first place."