Chapter XVIII; Kingdom Hearts

Yuki looked up surprised. After hearing all the stories, and the other members try to put into words how great and powerful Kingdom Hearts was. After they all practically worshipped the place that was just a dream when she had first joined the Organization. She was rather disappointed to see the plain heart-shaped moon.

The members of Organization 14 had gathered on top of a very tall tower, looking to the sky in the realm of darkness. Usually, the sky was dark and endless. An eternity of nothingness. But now there was a heart shaped moon floating above them, filling the realm with a new light. The Heartless of the realm seemed to be more active as if sensing the moon's power.

The different members had all grouped together. But even so, they still seemed separated into small groups. In front of everyone stood Tayressa. She had her back turned and was looking towards the sky. Off to the side of her was Syrine and Aysui. Both looked very serious and thoughtful, though Syrine looked like she was planning something evil. Her sapphire eyes were alight with a chaotic fire. On the other side of Tayressa, Zaya stood next to Hysui. Zaya was smiling brightly, obviously pleased with the appearance of Kingdom Hearts. Hysui was smirking and sending an occasional glance back towards the keyblade wielders. Rimyei stood alone, close to the edge of the tower. She was looking up at the moon with an impassive face. It appeared as if she didn't care at all. Arykii stood beside Zakey, both of which were silent with calculating looks. Occasionally they would whisper to each other, but not very often. Sykitune was leaning on Myruai's shoulder with a bright grin. Aryum was frowning beside them, as if unconvinced by the moon all others were adoring. X and Y stood just a few steps in front of Yuki. They shared several knowing looks that made Yuki question what was going on.

"My friends, we can finally see the fruits of our labor," Tayressa said, her voice sounding out strong and clear. "Kingdom Hearts finally shines upon us with its light. That light is the promise of a new world. A world in which we have regained what we have lost. Remember why we fight, what we hope for. The vast strength of the human heart will be ours, no more will it hold power over us."

Most of the others smiled and nodded. But for some reason, Yuki couldn't force herself to. She knew something was off, she just couldn't decide what. She noticed X and Y both remained motionless, as did Aryum. They looked as if they knew something the others didn't. Something that changed everything.

*<3*

Yuki cut down the last Heartless she needed to meet her quota effortlessly. She had been sent to Halloween Town again to manage the Heartless population. Or maybe it was just to fill Kingdom Hearts. Either way, it was a simple mission. The same type she received every day. She had been slow today, her mind too filled with thoughts. The heart-shaped moon haunted her mind. Something wasn't right about it. She hadn't been given the chance to ask X and Y what they thought, so she was still at a loss about their knowledge of the matter.

Yuki sighed and shook her head. No use worrying about it. She snapped her fingers summoning a dark corridor to Twilight Town. Maybe the Nobodies knew something about Kingdom Hearts. After all, their goal was just the same as the Heartless.

Yuki arrived at the clock tower to see the three Nobodies had already arrived. She sat down near silent next to Xion, waving in greeting to them. Axel did a little mock salute while Xion and Roxas waved in return.

"Did you see Kingdom Hearts earlier?" Xion asked curiously. She looked at Yuki with a soft expression. Yuki found the expression comforting for some reason. Or at least thought it should be such.