Chapter XXVIII; Emotion

Yuki sat up on top of the clock tower. Her mission had been surprisingly easy. Just kill a rather large Heartless in Neverland. She had noticed a group of Somebody's while fighting. They were goofing around looking for treasure. Yuki couldn't help but smile at them, despite how rude the red-haired boy in green was being to the rest.

While sitting alone Yuki's mind wandered. Her eyes scanned the horizon, though she didn't take in any details. She was too wrapped up in her own thoughts. Something wasn't making sense to her.

If Heartless and Nobody's couldn't feel, why did it seem like they could? If you needed a heart to feel any sort of emotion, why did it seem like they could feel anyway? Was it really just acting or was there something more? Yuki didn't remember her human life to judge if she felt just like she did then, but she knew there didn't seem to be any difference between her and her friends and the Somebody's she had seen. What made everyone think they couldn't feel?

"Hey, Yuki." A voice said bringing Yuki out of her thoughts. She glanced over her shoulder to see Xion smiling at her. Yuki jumped up and rushed over to Xion. She hugged Xion tightly earning a surprised gasp from Xion. "Why are you hugging me?" Xion asked. Yuki stepped back, releasing Xion and shrugged.

"I don't know. I was just worried about you is all." Yuki replied. She sat back down with Xion beside her. Xion looked at her with a soft smile.

"Don't we need hearts to worry?" Xion asked. It might have been Yuki's imagination but she sounded bitter.

"That's what they say. But I don't think so." Yuki said. "I know that I feel something with you guys. That's all that matters." She sighed heavily. Xion looked at her for a minute in thought before turning away with a small smile.

After a few minutes, Roxas came up with X and Y laughing. Y's face was red while X was smirking. Roxas was smiling as he glanced up at Yuki and Xion.

"Hey Yuki, hey Xion." Roxas greeted, taking his seat beside Xion. X and Y dropped down beside Yuki. Y crossed her arms and pouted. X pat her shoulder still smirking.

"Hey, Roxas. What happened?" Xion replied looking to Y in question. Roxas just laughed looking at the twins. X's smirk only grew.

"Y accidentally called me Ven. Apparently, she used to have a friend that looked just like me and that was his name." Roxas explained. Y's pout grew as she looked away, her face turning an even brighter red. X laughed at her embarrassment.

"I won't deny he does look like Ventus, but I'm surprised you messed up before I did," X said. Y shoved him playfully. X glared at her. "It's all cool, just completely ignore the fact you're on top of a damn clock tower and continue to shove your friends, smart one." He snapped playfully.

"You're my brother." Y said. X rolled his eyes.

"That doesn't make it ok." X said. Y laughed.

"Yes, it does." Y replied. The entire group burst into laughter at the look X gave Y. Y just shrugged, obviously proud of herself. "Payback." She whispered so only X could hear her. He glared at her but eventually looked away.

"I wonder where Axel's is." Xion said.

"I dunno." Yuki said thinking. She looked at the others who all shrugged.

*<3*

Day 194- Feelings,
I'm starting to think that we can feel without a heart. Maybe it's all in my mind but, the Somebody's haven't seemed to notice that we can't feel. And I dunno, how can I know a feeling I don't remember? It's really starting to confuse me.