Chapter XL; Escape

Day 355- Escape,
I guess it's finally come to this. This is the first thing I've been sure of in a long time. I'm leaving this place. I think I should do things on my own for awhile. Maybe forever.

*<3*

Yuki frowned leaning her head back against the wall. She was still in her room, despite the fact it was well past waking time. Not that time really mattered here. She was waiting. Just as she closed her eyes, letting out a sigh of exasperation she felt a tap on her arm.

Yuki opened her eyes and turned her head towards what had tapped her. A Shadow was looking at her with its bright yellow eyes. Yuki raised her eyebrows at it in question.

"Well?" She asked.

Gone, my lady. All out on missions. Even the lady of the shadows.

Yuki sighed pushing herself to her feet. She patted the Shadows head calmly.

"You did well. Now go. And don't tell a single other Heartless what happened." Yuki ordered. The Shadow bowed its head before sinking into the floor and vanishing. Yuki smirked to herself, rather pleased for coming up with the idea. Since she realized she could speak to other, lesser Heartless in Shibuya she thought a Shadow would be the perfect lookout. Shadows all looked identical, though it was apparent they didn't behave in an identical fashion. No one would be able to tell which one helped Yuki if they even thought one could have.

Yuki returned her attention to the task at hand with the shake of her head. The castle should have been empty, everyone was out on missions. Yuki didn't know how much time that gave her, but she hoped it was enough. She had to get out of the castle.

As Yuki had recently discovered, dark corridors could only be opened in one room of the castle. The common room. That was something Syrine had set up with her spacial magic to prevent runaways. Yuki couldn't help but wonder if that was a common problem. But it was simple enough to get around. All she would have to do was get to the common room and dark corridor somewhere. Where Yuki hadn't quite thought of yet. Using the Shadow Yuki had insured the castle was empty. Giving her enough time to hopefully make two stops.

Yuki left her room, giving a cautious, but unnecessary, look around the hall. Seeing the hall empty she exited her room and closed the door behind her. She wasn't wearing her coat once again, instead wearing the tank top and jeans she usually wore when not wearing the coat. The paopu fruit charm she had broken off her first visit to Shibuya was in her pocket. That was the only thing from here she felt necessary to take with her.

Yuki started down the hall, still looking around cautiously. Her eyes moved from doorway to doorway, half expecting to see one of the other members. She stopped at one door, casting a nervous glance over her shoulder. She tested the handle to see if it would open. To her surprise, it opened easily. Yuki slipped into the room and looked around. It didn't look too different from her own. It was a grey color with no decorations. Just the way she expected X to keep his room.

Yuki crossed the room to X's desk. Sitting on the desk was a notepad with a pen. Yuki picked up the pen and quickly wrote a note on the paper. All the note said was; sorry, goodbye. Yuki turned away from the desk and left the room. She went into another room not far down the hall. This room was far more disorganized than the last one. Personal touches were added everywhere. Yuki smiled. Y was always different than X in almost every way. It was something Yuki liked about them.