Epilogue; Far Off Memory Like A Scattered Dream

Yuki stood looking at the pictures that covered the walls of Naminé's room. Naminé wasn't in there for once. Perhaps since they had finally caught Roxas she was needed to finish her task. Yuki's blue eyes scanned the images that she always loved to see. So beautiful, and meaningful. But now, something wasn't right, it wasn't the same. Her eyes settled on one image in particular. Roxas walking away from Axel. It must have been the day he ran away from the organization. Did it hurt him to walk away from his best friend? What about her? Did he realize he was leaving her behind too? And X and Y? Did he even think of Xion? He left all of his friends. But then again, they had all left each other.

Yuki was tired. So many days she had gone on, searching for what she was told she didn't have. None of them were supposed to have hearts. Yet why, if the didn't have hearts, was this hurting her so badly? Was it all a lie so she could fulfill her role in the organization's plan?

The door to the white room opened without warning. Yuki turned to see who it was. Naminé stood looking at her with her head tilted to the side. Yuki smiled at her but didn't speak.

"Yuki, what are you doing here?" Naminé asked. She slowly crossed the room and stood beside Yuki.

"I don't know. I was just looking for someone to talk to." Yuki replied, looking at the pictures on the walls again. Naminé watched her silently, not sure what exactly she should do. "Are you finishing Sora's memories now?" Yuki asked.

"Yes." Naminé said with a nod. "We're making preparations to keep Roxas away from the organization until it's time for him to rejoin with Sora. But it will only be a few days." She explained. Yuki nodded, not really taking in Naminé's words. Her mind was too busy processing one fact. Roxas had a few days until he was gone.

"I'm scared Naminé. Scared and confused." Yuki said suddenly. Naminé looked at her in confusion.

"Why?" Naminé asked. Yuki gave a heavy sigh and walked away from the wall. Naminé watched her, not moving.

"I've gotten so sick of all of this fighting and running," Yuki said, frustration lacing her voice. Her hand braced against the side of her head as if trying to keep it from running too fast. "But now that I'm finally realizing that, I realize everything is just beginning. It's only going to get worse." She continued. Naminé looked down at her feet.

Yuki continued pacing back and forth in front of the window. She knew Naminé wouldn't talk much. She hardly ever did. But all the same, being able to let it all out was helpful. At least Naminé wouldn't constantly remind her she didn't have a heart.

"You know Naminé, everything that's happened feels so far off," Yuki said turning back to Naminé. "I remember it, but it feels like it happened so long ago. So long ago it might have been a dream that scattered itself through my memories." She continued. Naminé looked up at her with interest.

"A far off memory that's like a scattered dream?" Naminé asked quietly. Yuki blinked in surprise. That wasn't exactly how Yuki would have worded it. But at the same time, it was perfect. Exactly what she was thinking.

"Yeah. I guess." Yuki agreed. Naminé smiled at her softly.

"Then try to line the pieces up." She said simply. She walked away from the wall to her normal seat. She sat down and pulled out a sketchbook. She flipped through it until she found a half-finished drawing. Yuki watched her as she drew, trying to understand what Naminé meant.