Chapter XXXI; Shibuya

Yuki looked up at the sky with a heavy breath, leaning back against a wall. She was in an alleyway away from the chaos and crowds that filled this world. It was strange to her. No other world had been so full of people. But here there were people everywhere.

Yuki shook her head trying to clear the mounting panic within her. There was no need to overreact. She could finish her mission without a problem. She just had to think logically.

Yuki pulled off her organization coat and dropped it on the ground. If she wanted to continue her mission she had to blend in with the people in this world. Wearing her coat would only mark her as an outsider. Underneath her coat, she wore a black tank top and black jeans with a red belt. Yuki broke the chain off her coat that the paopu fruit charm hung off. She slipped the charm into her pocket. Why she didn't know, maybe for comfort. She was never without the charm after all. Whatever the reason she took the charm with her as she walked out of the alley back into the crowd of people on the street.

Yuki's basic mission was recon. This world had never been found before and no Heartless had ever come here. It was a world free of all that trouble. For the moment anyway. Depending on how the world looked that could very well change.

Yuki found herself in a street crossing. People hurried about, brushing shoulders with others as they passed them by. Many were talking into some strange object Yuki hadn't seen before. The area was filled with noise that never ceased, even for a second. The air had a harsh metallic scent and something else along with it. Yuki wasn't liking this place at all. She took a step back to see if she could find anything of interest. Her eyes scanned the crowd, looking for anything strange. To her surprise, the strangest thing was in the middle of the road.

Two girls were fighting against strange creatures. Yuki first assumed the creatures were Heartless, but quickly realized she was wrong. They weren't anything she had seen before. They looked like frogs of some kind, but they were almost made of a strange tribal pattern. The two fighting looked young. One had long blonde hair that was tied up in a ponytail. Even in a ponytail, her hair was reaching her hips. The other girl had wavy red hair that just passed her shoulders. They stood back to back, but they didn't seem to be touching. The blonde was using a chain like a whip while the redhead was using some kind of magic against the creatures. The weirdest part of what Yuki saw was that no one else seemed to be able to see it. People skirted around the area naturally, but no one looked at the two girls battling for their lives.

Yuki walked away from the wall she had been clinging to trying to get closer. As she approached, the girls finished their battle. They looked at each other and smiled.

"I think that was enough to get past the barrier." The redhead said breathlessly. The blonde nodded in agreement.

"That should be enough." She looked down at the palm of her hand. "We only have an hour left. We better hurry." She said. The redhead nodded before both took off towards a walkway leading to a different part of the town. Standing by that walkway was a strange man in a red hoodie. The girls spoke to him briefly before running past. Yuki watched them go, confused by what had just happened.

Yuki walked to the area the girls had passed through. Taking a closer look at the man standing guard, she didn't see anything strange about him. He seemed to be bored just standing there. Yet again none of the people passing by seemed to notice him. It was strange for sure, but Yuki wasn't sure what it meant yet.

Yuki walked through into the next part of the city. She deciding following the strange girls might be her best bet at figuring out what this world was like. Finding the girls was easy as, yet again, the crowd swerved around them, as if they existed in their own little pocket of reality that no one could trespass in. As Yuki got closer she noticed them staring down a man with wild orange hair. The man wore a sleeveless black hoodie and dark jeans. He had on sunglasses despite there being little need for them. He was smirking at the girls, mischief plan in his eyes.