Chapter XXXV; Princesses of Heart

Yuki sat on the steps looking out over the entire room. She could see Zaya walking around the edges of the room where there were glass cases. Y was on the opposite side of the room staring at one of the glass cases in interest. Yuki could see her cheeks puffed out in the way they often did when she was thinking about something she didn't like. In Yuki's hands was a notebook. It held research notes that belonged to Hysui. Something about whatever was in this room.

"Yuki," Zaya said. Yuki looked over at her. "Open that book to the third page, there should be a list of worlds. Read them off to me." Zaya asked. Yuki shrugged opening the notebook. As promised on the third page was a list of worlds.

"Castle of Dreams, Enchanted Dominion, Dwarves Woodlands, Wonderland, Agrabah, Beasts Castle, and Destiny Islands." Yuki read off. Zaya nodded and frowned.

"That's a lot of worlds for the fairy to find." She said, mostly to herself. Y looked over at her in question.

"Why exactly are we here?" Y asked. Zaya looked over at her, before returning her attention to the glass cases. Yuki couldn't help but notice each case was large enough to hold a person inside of.

"It's of great interest to us how the fairy gained her knowledge in the outside worlds, and how she managed to get so close to achieving Kingdom Hearts," Zaya explained. Yuki could understand the interest in that. It wasn't something that happened all the time. And it was no simple task either. Y turned and leaned against the case she had been in front of.

"The fairy is Maleficent, right?" Y asked. Yuki had remembered Myruai saying the name, so it was probably right. Zaya nodded, confirming Yuki's thoughts. "Maleficent came from Enchanted Dominion. It's reasonable to assume the first world she got whatever it was she needed from was there." Y said.

"You know who Maleficent is?" Yuki asked in confusion. The name hadn't been one that Yuki recognized. She had assumed it would only make sense to a few.

"I went to her world, once, a long time ago." Y explained calmly. She didn't make it sound like much of a deal, but the look in Zaya's eyes made Yuki think otherwise. Zaya stepped away from the case she was closest to.

"Did she know about other worlds then?" Zaya asked softly. She laced her fingers together as she waited for a reply. Y seemed to think about it a moment before replying.

"She did." Y said still lost in thought. "A matter of fact, she even knew about keyblades." She continued. Her eyebrows furrowed together in thought. She was placing events, that much Yuki could tell. But what those events were she had no idea.

"Was anyone in the world before you?" Zaya asked curiously. Y nodded slowly, still processing her thoughts.

"My friend and X were. I think X said someone was there before them, they met Maleficent on the bridge and she already knew things then." Y said. She looked at Zaya, still thinking. "Xehanort."

"I don't know who that is," Zaya said frowning. She tapped her chin in thought, the other hand wrapping a strand of blonde hair around her finger. She began pacing up and down the walkway by the cases. Her deep blue eyes staring at the ground in concentration. "This Xehanort man must have been how the fairy learned."

"He likes making trouble so that sounds like it would be his style." Y agreed, sounding annoyed. Yuki looked back down to the list on her lap, only half listening to the conversation Y and Zaya were having.

"If she learned of other worlds through this Xehanort, then all there is left to discover is how she gained the ability to travel to other worlds." Yuki heard Zaya say. She looked up to the older elite in question.